What happens when non-Roman Catholics accidently receive the Body of Christ?

[quote="VikingGirlTBird, post:20, topic:294737"]
I will most definently ask her about the incident. All I remember is that I walked up with her while she was going to receive Holy Communion and the priest handed a host to her to eat and she gave that host to me and I ate it. I don't know if the priest said anything or what happened afterwards. She said that she was thinking about reverting to Catholicism when her brother died but, then afterward she changed her mind afterwards. I will also most definently talk to her about her decission and if she would really like to become a Catholic again. :)

[/quote]

Well, this is very interesting. She gave you the Host and now you are Catholic and she no longer practices. God works in mysterious ways. Hopefully, you will bring her back. You might want to mention this to her.

I'm sure I and others posting will keep you and Nana in our prayers that she comes home. Let's know if you are successful. :gopray2::knight2::blessyou:

I accidentally received the Eucharist while I was in the mental health ward of a Catholic hospital in the same town where I was going to RCIA at. I was baptized but not yet officially received into the Catholic Church by Confirmation. Anyway, I had begged the nurses to put Catholic on my wrist band as my religion instead of Baptist because I did not identify as Baptist at all. One day a Eucharistic minister came up to the ward and told everyone with Catholic on their wrist band to line up. I was confused and so I lined up. When they handed me the host, I had no idea what to do so I just did what everyone else did and consumed it. I wish this hadn't happened but I did not have full consent of the will so I am pretty sure it wasn't mortally sinful if sinful at all. I did, however, Confess it when I went to Confession before being Confirmed.

[quote="aicirt, post:21, topic:294737"]
Well, this is very interesting. She gave you the Host and now you are Catholic and she no longer practices. God works in mysterious ways. Hopefully, you will bring her back. You might want to mention this to her.

I'm sure I and others posting will keep you and Nana in our prayers that she comes home. Let's know if you are successful. :gopray2::knight2::blessyou:

[/quote]

Aicirt, I never said that I became a Roman Catholic. But, it would be really interesting if what you just said was true. I believe that God works in mysterious ways also. I will most definently mention the incident to her and try my very best to get her to revert to Catholicism but, I can't make any promises.

Thanks so much for keeping me and Nana in your prayers. I will most definently let you know if I am successful. Peace! :)

I know a gay man, practicing gay mind you, that "to show respect for his catholic friends at their wedding" purposely went and received communion and thinks he did nothing wrong.

WOW.......................:mad::mad::

[quote="just_came_back, post:24, topic:294737"]
I know a gay man, practicing gay mind you, that "to show respect for his catholic friends at their wedding" purposely went and received communion and thinks he did nothing wrong.

[/quote]

Homosexuality I think is consider a mortal sin according to Roman Catholicism and mortal sinners and etc are not supposed to receive the Eucharest. Was he a Roman Catholic, a non-Roman Catholic, a unbaptised Christian, and/or etc? Did he actually knew that he was not supposed to receive the Eucharest but, recieved it anyways?

I am extremely sorry that this happened to you! :(

Peace! :)

[quote="just_came_back, post:24, topic:294737"]

[/quote]

I think this is something the priest needs to handle either nicely from the altar, a sign in the back of the church, or a reminder in the wedding pamphlet that some give their guests when they enter the Church. It is easier for the priest to say it than the bride and groom.

[quote="VikingGirlTBird, post:1, topic:294737"]
What happens when non-Roman Catholics (Me.), Protestants, Unbaptized Christians (Me.), people who have committed mortal sins (Me.), and Non-Christians purposely (They knew that they could not participate in the Eucharist but, participated anyways.) or accidently (They did not know that they could not participate in the Eucharist and accidently participated.) receive a host/consecrated sacramental bread? Do they accidently receive all or some of the spiritual benefits, God's grace, and Jesus Christ's actual body like Roman Catholics do or do they don't receive any spiritual benefits, God's grace, and Jesus Christ's actual body because the spiritual benefits and God's grace disappear and the Jesus Christ's actual body turns back into unconsecrated bread again?

The reason why I am asking these questions is because when I was very little, my Nana (Who is a Roman Catholic.), either purposely or accidently gave a host to me (The consecrated sacramental bread that represents Jesus Christ's Body during the Eucharist.) at her Roman Catholic Church during the Eucharist (Holy Communion.). I accidently ate it because I did not know at the time that non-Roman Catholics, Protestants, Unbaptized Christians, people who have committed mortal sins, and Non-Christians were not suppose to participate in the Eucharist for many various religious/spiritual reasons.

PS: I know that many of the molecules from Jesus Christ's actual body/the consecrated sacramental bread/host that came directly into my body and are still in my body and will not come out of my body unless I die and completely decompose. So, in a way Jesus Christ's actual body is forever inside of me and can never ever be gotten rid of unless I die and completely decompose. If so, does that mean most or some of God's grace in Jesus Christ's body are still inside of forever and will remain active? I know this is extremely unfortunite/serious for all of you guys but, I am just extremely curious about all that happened. I am extremely sorry about all this and I really do not mean to offend anyone! :(

[/quote]

I see the tigeress is out and about, seeking answers. The Catholic teaching is that one can receive the Holy Spirit as an increase of grace, through the sacraments of the living, when they are in a holy state of charity with God. To do that one has to be baptized and maintained a holy state through no serious sins, or restored a holy state through confession. It is a fine about non-Catholics receiving penance or Holy Eucharist from the Catholic Church, extraordinary circumstances usually.

Suppose one was validiy baptized, and under the age of reason, Catholic or other. Well it is not possible for them to understand the gravity of sins at that young age so they do not sin seriously, so they could receive the grace of the Holy Spirit through the Eucharist that somebody gave them, like you mentioned.

At age 7 on, one usually has the use of reason. So those that are of this age group that are in a holy state would receive an increase of the grace of the Holy Spirit. Normally this means confession first, but perfect contrition can bring about a holy state also without confessing to a priest in some situations.

Q. 628. That actual sins may be remitted by baptism, is it necessary to be sorry for them?
A. That actual sins may be remitted by baptism it is necessary to be sorry for them, just as we must be when they are remitted by the Sacrament of Penance.

Q. 637. Can a person ever receive any of the other Sacraments without first receiving baptism?
A. A person can never receive any of the other Sacraments without first receiving baptism, because baptism makes us members of Christ's Church, and unless we are members of His Church we cannot receive His Sacraments.

Q. 644. How many kinds of Baptism are there?
A. There are three kinds of Baptism: 1.Baptism of water, of desire, and of blood.

Q. 668. What dispositions must adults or grown persons, have that they may worthily receive baptism?
A. That adults may worthily receive baptism:
[LIST=1]
*]They must be willing to receive it;
*]They must have faith in Christ;
*]They must have true sorrow for their sins, and
*]They must solemnly renounce the devil and all his works; that is, all sin.
[/LIST]

Greetings Everybody! :)

How are all of you?

Thanks so much for participating, for answering all of my questions, telling me all of your inspiring stories, and for giving me extremely informative, interesting, and helpful information and advice! Thanks so much to some of you who had wished me welcomed, best of wishes, and good luck to me! I will most definently keep on learning about Roman Catholicism and find out if I really want to convert or not! Thanks so much for everything!

Best of wishes and good luck to all of you! God bless all of you always! Amen! Peace! :)

Love,
VikingGirlTBird! :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.