What holy water do you like the best?

I used to have Loudres, but I was thinking of getting some from Jordan which is supposed to be holier. I know it probably won’t matter, but which do you like the best? Which do you have? I just like to keep some in my room for protection. I get scared very easily I have had some bad paranormal experiences when I was younger (my old house was haunted,and flashing crufixes at the shadowy figures didnt work and our priest told us to get holy water and we sprayed it around then all the paranormal stuff stopped). We have long since moved but still holy water is hte only thing which seems to help me sleep good at night from the bad memeories (they never did anything to us they just appereaded and scared us to death).

Well, the only Holy Water I’m familiar with is that which is in the basins at church. :smiley: It seems to work well enough for me. (I had an irritation that no medication seemed to help, and when I started to go to Mass - for the first time (going into RCIA)- and started sprinking myself with holy water, it stopped! So for myself, the holy water from St. Michael’s parish. :smiley: Didn’t know you could get water from the Jordan. I had heard you could get some from Lourdes though.

[quote=Cairisti]Well, the only Holy Water I’m familiar with is that which is in the basins at church. :smiley: It seems to work well enough for me. (I had an irritation that no medication seemed to help, and when I started to go to Mass - for the first time (going into RCIA)- and started sprinking myself with holy water, it stopped! So for myself, the holy water from St. Michael’s parish. :smiley: Didn’t know you could get water from the Jordan. I had heard you could get some from Lourdes though.
[/quote]

Yeah I’m only familiar with the holy water in the basins at church as well. :yup:

I have some holy water that I got from the last National Catholic Youth Conference in Houston, TX. It came out of “The River of Life” that ran through the center of Reliant Stadium. It was blessed by many priests and bishops at the beginning of the Conference. I keep it on my dresser behind my Sacred Heart Candle.

The Holy Water we find in our Parish is a sacramental - matter which has been blessed and set aside for a specific use. It is often used in liturgical rites (including exorcism).

There are other famous “waters” which are NOT sacramentals but which seem to have special properties. This is a VERY old idea - even in the Bible, when Jesus cured the blind man, he told him to go wash in a particular pool which was known for having healing characteristics.

(Waters such as these would not normally be used for liturgical purposes unless first blessed like any other water)

Lourdes is a very well-known site for miraculous cures - many have been documented.

The river Jordan, of course, being the site of Our Lord’s Baptism, is another famous body of water, though I’ve never heard of any healing properties ascribed to it (though many people get baptized there).

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.