What I have done to my family

Please help me learn to pray for myself and my family. I have been arrested for OUI and could lose my job and my family over it. I have been a selfish individual lost in my own world of turmoil. I have always had Jesus with me, but I am finally truly understanding that I am not supposed to just beleive in Jesus, but live to do his will. Raising my children and being a good husband is not just to keep them clothed and safe, but I am supposed to teach them to live in God’s will. I have started saying prayers at night with my boys again. I haven’t done that since they were very little. They are 7 and 10 now. I can’t help but continue to look back or forward and I become afraid of what I have done to my innocent family. They don’t deserve to go through what I am putting them through. I know that I am now supposed to live today and be prepared for the worst. I am having trouble facing the worst. Help me follow the right path Jesus. Please pray for me and my family.

Thank you.

This is wonderful. Praying that you will have the courage to do what you know you should in providing for and being the spiritual head of your family. May God bless you with faith and peace.

[FONT=Georgia]***†JMJTJ†***

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you †
[/FONT]

Jesus came to save the sinners…meaning, all of us…so see if you can see your parish priest, have a sincere talk with him, ask this priest to guide you and allow yourself to be guided. For the wellbeing of your family, yourself and the Glory of the Lord. Let this be your familie’s most beautiful Advent season ever!!!..All else will pass…everything does…Just walk with Jesus now, in your catholic faith,…Trust Him

God bless you and your family

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying for your intentions.

Paul

Praying for you and your family.

Thank you all for your prayers for me and my family. I have a question. I am trying to put my life in god’s will, but is it wrong to pray that the outcome in real life be positive? As I have said, I am having trouble preparing for the worst, but I do find great comfort when I picture a positive outcome. I am trying to focus on the now, and I continue to ask god to help me!

It is proper to pray for any good thing.

It would also be good if you stopped drinking completely, not only when you will be driving.

I have stopped entirely. That has not been hard at all, making it even harder for me to face my mistake, wishing I had the forthought to stop earlier. Gods will! I know he has a plan, I just wish I helped him make it easier for my family!

So at least you have the right intentions to serve your family. That is a grace. Many drinkers will do irreparable harm to their families and lose them rather than stop drinking.

All is not lost. Your life can be put back together.

Pray today for all alcoholics.

I will pray for your intentions and deliver an intention for you to the Grotto at Lourdes.

:slight_smile:

Have you been to confession?

Before you are able to do anything to deal with your concerns for your family you need to be at peace. In order to be at peace you need to be able to deal with the guilt. In order to deal with guilt you need to find mercy.

All the things you want to happen for good, for the good of your family, come after you are at peace with God. “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you”.

Many people run to God after they have made some wreckage. This is the right thing to do, but also once they get past the wreckage they forget how much they rely on God and get off their knees. This results in another wreck. Resolve to grow in faith and remain attentive to the spiritual realities and you will not repeat your mistakes or make other ones.

There is a lot of spiritual peril in life that tranlates into our material lives as well. There is only one way to avoid it and be protected from it.

I understand what you mean about staying focused even after the crises passes. In truth, I see that I have always been with God, and God with me. I know that when the wreckage passes, I will stay as focused as before. Thank you for your prayers.

One of the four cardinal virtues is temperance. Intemperance is a vice that opposes temperance. All other virtues depend or turn on the cardinal virtues. So sobriety is critical to the life of the soul.

The wages or consequence of sin is not the loss of a drivers license or job. It is the loss of the life of the soul.

Persevere in temperance, by God’s grace.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God put mankind into the world to work together and thereby give him glory. We beg him:

• Lord, make us reflect your glory.

God and Creator, we bless you for giving us the good things of the world
to support and sustain our lives.
Look with favour on us as we start our daily work:
may we work with you and according to your will.
Make what we do today bear good fruit for our brethren:
with them and for them may we build an earthly city that is pleasing to you.
Be close to us and everyone we meet today:
give us the gift of joy and peace.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord God, King of heaven and earth, guide and sanctify, rule and govern our hearts and our bodies, our feelings, words and actions, according to your law and following your commandments.
With your help, in this world and the next,
may we deserve to receive freedom and salvation.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

LORD Jesus
Help and protect UR Children

Praying that Our Lord repairs your family and that you overcome this obstacle.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Praying that you keep up your courage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.