What I have done to my family

Thank you all for your thoughts and words…especially for my family…my wife and children are a victim of my thoughtlessness…and I truly need the prayer for courage at this time…I am afraid…even though I am living God’s will

Praying very hard for you and those in authority. Praying for you to continue not to drink and for others to assist you in overcoming it and forgiving you. I pray that you keep your job.

I will add your intentions to the prayer list on my blog. We will pray for you. God bless you.

Praying from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short reading 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ©
I shall be very happy to make my weaknesses my special boast so that the power of Christ may stay over me, and that is why I am quite content with my weaknesses, and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and the agonies I go through for Christ’s sake. For it is when I am weak that I am strong.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary
mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
AMEN

Still praying very hard for you and your family!

Thank you all. I am working to focus on the fact that this is god’s will. I am praying for my family too. My wife is at the end of her rope with me, and tension is high in the house. My wife is not taking anything out on anyone, but she is scared and angry. She is a smart woman. She understands the will of god, but she is sad. I am sorry.

i spoke for a long time today to my brother. He is a jesuit priest and he is helping me stay in the now. I keep making errors in judgement. I can’t seem to keep myself in the now. The positive. I make small mistakes that become big ones. I am trying. Jesus, thy will be done. Please help me to focus and make the right choices. I surrender to you.

Keep trying to be a good example. I’ll pray that you get the graces that you need to do this.

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary
mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
AMEN

What a blessing to see a man walk as a true warrior for God’s truth. May God be with you and your family.

Blessings…

Sparklis, thank you for your kind words. I am working hard to appreciate the outpouring of all of you. I am trying to avoid looking poorly upon myself. I know there is no good that can come of that. It is hard and all your kind words of encouragement help. All of you, thank you.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercesion of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

Rejoice!! Hope in Our **Savior ** Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary!! “All things work together for good for those who love God.” Pray HARD!!!

“There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family…than the daily recitation of the Rosary.” - Pope Pius XII

“If families will but listen to my message and give Our Lady ten minutes of their twenty-four hours by reciting the daily Family Rosary, I assure them that their homes will become, by God’s grace, peaceful, prayerful places–little heavens, which God the Author of home life has intended they should be!” --Father Peyton

“We do not hesitate to affirm again publicly that We put great confidence in the Holy Rosary for the healing of evils with afflict our times.” – Pope Pius XII

“Among all the devotions approved by the Church none has been favored by so many miracles as the devotion of the Most Holy Rosary.” – Pope Piux IX

“Those who say it fervently and frequently will gradually grow in grace and holiness and **will enjoy the special protection of Our Lady and the abiding friendship of God.” **
“No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary–either he will give up sin or he will give up the Rosary.” – Bishop Hugh Boyle

An excerpt from The Secret of the Rosary: Thirty-First Rose. Alphonsus VIII, King of Aragon and Castille, had been leading a disorderly life and therefore had been punished by God in several ways, one of these being that he was worsted in battle and had to take refuge in a city belonging to one of his allies.

Saint Dominic happened to be in this city on Christmas Day and preached on the Holy Rosary as he always did, pointing out how great are the graces that we can obtain through it. He mentioned, among other things, that ** those who said the Rosary devoutly would overcome their enemies and would regain all that they had lost in warfare.**."

To make a long story short, the King Alphonsus VIII listened, persevered for a year in saying the Most Holy Rosary, obtained an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary, forgiveness for his sins and he “became so lucky in war that soldiers rushed from all sides to fight under his standard because it seemed that whenever he went to battle the victory was sure to be his. This is not suprising because he never went to battle without first saying the Rosary devoutly on his kneees. He made certain that all the members of his court joined the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary and he also saw that his officers and servants were devoted to it.”

The Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary is a way to obtain the benefits of other people’s Rosaries if you are saying the Rosary daily or weekly. rosary-center.org/nroscon.htm

For more information on the power of the Most Holy Rosary and how to pray the Most Holy Rosary to maximum effect. Read the Secret of the Rosary by St. Louis Mary de Montfort. Few people know the secret, which is why it is a secret. Furthermore, since the Immaculate Heart of Mary is the Mediatrix of all graces through the Holy Spirit and she is the surest way to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, consider giving her your 100% surrender by following True Devotion to Mary.

She is the merciful mother who counseled Jesus to turn water into wine at the wedding of Cana and served Elizabeth while she herself was pregnant. Rely and pray and devote yourself to the mercy of Mary and Jesus.“I tell you the truth,” Jesus replied,“no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields–and with them, persecutions), and in the age to come, eternal life.” Mark 10:29

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Devotion to Jesus through Mary:
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
Secret of the Rosary montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
**Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin **saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesusen.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

One might also try the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, to call down the mercy of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on yourself and the whole world. Jesus said to St. Faustina “Even the most hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will receive grace from my Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to those who trust in my Mercy.”

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

Still praying very hard for you and your family!

If it be God’s will, it will be positive. Even if it isn’t your vision, His vision will always be positive. I’ll be praying for you! Sometimes, when we fall we learn the greatest lessons, although it would be nice to know them without experiencing the pain, right? lol I trust that God will provide for you in your time of need. All you need to do is keep knocking at the door, and Christ will answer. He always does. I’m hopeful that your marriage will stay in tact, and that you won’t lose your job. God bless!

Still praying very hard!

Thank you Rocket…and thank you all. I ache inside but I am trying to stop that part. I know that I need to remain positive in the beleive that gods will will be done. My wife loves me, but she hasn’t said it in a long time. When I say I love you to her, she does not respond. I know she still loves me, but I have changed everything and she is angry and scared. I have a long road to show her that I am different. I am praying that she can forgive me and give me another chance. A positive outcome in court will help that alot!! But, I have to remember that god’s will will be done and that I have to prepare for whatever outcome, I just find it very hard to do that. My stomach turns when I think of losing my case. I am trying to stop wishing, and continue praying!

I’m praying in thanksgiving for your spiritual eyes having been opened. Also asking the intercession of St. Joseph, Our Lady, & Jesus as Our Holy Family, to strengthen, guide, & comfort you & your family in the coming time. May God continue to reveal Himself in His love & peace. Through the same, Christ Our Lord. Amen.

Still praying for you and your family!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.