What If Consecration Doesn't Stick?

This is related to a couple of other threads, but it’s a different question. Someone pointed out that Protestants consecrate (or dedicate) babies. I was consecrated as a baby. We know that entire countries can be consecrated. What does this practically mean?

People have to give voluntary consent to be confirmed in the Church. And Protestants have to give voluntary consent to be baptized. Obviously not every infant who is baptized goes through confirmation and not ever baby who is dedicated (consecrated) gets baptized.

So what is the practical purpose of consecration for a person or a country? Is is supposed to set up some type of relationship between the person/country and God?

Thank you

Can anybody take a stab at it? :slight_smile:

Thank you

Consecration approves that the anointed one of God exist.

Consecration as per meaning of the total consecration in St. de Montfort, approves a consecration of the moral will.

Consecration as per the bread of God, approves that the Holy Spirit is present in the mass, and approves that the divinity of the body of blood of Christ is ordained.

Consecration in other moral terms, based on your testimony approves a consecration, based on my understanding, of a new correctness in moral theology. Consecration’s universality approves a moral concept, a concept of new understanding of moral law. Though I disapprove a liberal theology on this issue, liberality according to the supreme integrity of the baptism of desire, is *approvable.

*body and blood of Christ; rather.

I will borrow a reply from one of your threads…

totalconsecration.newevangelizers.com/consecration-explained/

Why do this?

We consecrate ourselves in order to be more devoted to the Lord and His Blessed Mother. It helps us grow in holiness and increase our faith, hope, and love. It is a prayerful and focused method of drawing closer to Jesus than ever before.

Note of clarification:
Many “protestants” baptize infants, so the “protestant” being baptized isn’t giving consent.

It is always better to speak of a particular communion than to use the theologically worthless term “protestant”.

Carry on. :smiley:
Jon

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.