What if I Left?

If I left the Church and turned from God, would he even notice?

He died to redeem your soul; yes he would notice if you turned away from Him.

[quote="Micki, post:1, topic:182957"]

[/quote]

What makes you think He wouldn't? He loves you very much, and cares about every detail of your life. You can kneel in front of the Tabernacle, and tell Him everything that is bothering you, and He will listen attentively and patiently, and He will find a way to answer you. :)

Years ago when in college,I left. I didn't notice much of anything different in my life. I returned looking for God's forgiveness and love. I did find it but now it all seems unreal. Maybe it's mid-life crisis?

Reading the parable of the Prodigal Son I would say yes.

If this is something you are thinking about then I will pray for you. I been there and left. You can leave God but he NEVER leaves you and something will be missing until you come back. At least this was my finding

Peace,

Mike

Maybe. We all go through times when we don’t receive the consolations of the faith such as “feeling holy”, and we have to keep our faith going on sheer will power. I think that this is when we really find out whether we love God for Himself, or just for what He can give us. These are the times when we either really grow a lot in our faith, or else lose it altogether.

Here's the answer to your question from Jesus Himself:

"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

(Matthew 18:12-13)

[quote="Micki, post:1, topic:182957"]

[/quote]

if he knew you by name before you were born, and has counted every hair on the head, and notices when the smallest sparrow falls to the ground, yes he would notice, and he would leave all the others to come searching for you.

[quote="puzzleannie, post:8, topic:182957"]
if he knew you by name before you were born, and has counted every hair on the head, and notices when the smallest sparrow falls to the ground, yes he would notice, and he would leave all the others to come searching for you.

[/quote]

Exactly my thought!!!

From Luke 12:
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows.
I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God.
But whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God.

AND from Matthew 10:
Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
14 Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father.

He'd know!!!!

Good quote.

[quote=Micki]Years ago when in college,I left. I didn’t notice much of anything different in my life. I returned looking for God’s forgiveness and love. I did find it but now it all seems unreal. Maybe it’s mid-life crisis?
[/quote]

Maybe. One thing we need to remember in our faith is to not rely on feelings. Faith is more than that, the evidence of things unseen.

Sometimes God withdraws from our senses to test our faith and hone us with perseverance. These are the times when He is really drawing us closer to Him.

If we trust and obey God only when we feel close to Him, we are like a child who obeys his parent only when the parent is standing in the room. Let us surrender ourselves in faith to the Living Water whether we can see or feel Him or not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.