what if...

what if you’re praying the Divine Mercy chaplet at 3 pm, or the Rosary, or something, and then you remember all the people who are dying at the moment around the world… if you ask God to grant them final repentance, or the Sacraments, or whatever they need, and save them, - is this something that could actually happen? maybe it would only happen to the ones who are at least a tiny bit open to grace…? even if one soul is saved from that prayer, that is already good… but is it impossible to ask for the conversion of many souls?
…what if you offered up a little sacrifice for them, like a difficulty you’re going through or a sickness.

I’m interested in what your thoughts are on this…

cause sometimes I remember all the people who are dying in the world, or all the children who are being abused, or all the babies being aborted… and it’s just all so sad :frowning: I know that there are Masses being offered around the world, and people are always praying the Liturgy of the Hours, etc… can we add our prayers to theirs and to Mary’s and ask for things that at first glance, seem very impossible? surely nothing is impossible with God?

it’s interesting though, ever since I made my Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary, I have this awareness that everything I do and pray and all my sufferings are being used for something… (that something remains a mystery to me and is whatever Our Lady chooses)

You can ask for the conversion of sinners at their final hour and the other various good things you have mentioned. On the one hand, it is good to know that your prayers have the potential to do good and God will distribute accordingly as He sees fit.

Be careful to not go too far with it and assume your prayers are definitely doing good - prayers/sacrifices must be humbly submitted and not be shrouded in presumptuousness.

Also do not go too far the other way and assume your prayers are automatically not heard and that they are always useless.

This is part of the straight and narrow path that must be taken to attain admittance into the Kingdom of Heaven. Many other balancing acts such as

God’s Infinite Mercy vs. God’s Infinite Justice - they do NOT cancel each other out.

In very rare cases does God reveal to the prayerful on earth the prayerful’s fruits - the good that has happened due to their prayers. Seeing a soul freed from Purgatory, seeing someone at their last moment repent, etc. to give the prayerful an extra incentive while still being able to maintain that humble prayer. It is my guess that God so rarely reveals this since it would likely go straight to our egos.

Rest assured, the prayers are heard and used accordingly but we usually do not realize the fruits until we leave this world.

You can absolutely pray for all the sick and dying! :thumbsup: In fact, Jesus told St. Faustina that praying the chaplet in the presence of the sick and dying is what we should do. Even if we’re not in their physical presence, praying for them anyway is great. As to if your (our) prayers will make a difference in their moment of judgement, we can’t know that, but it can never hurt to pray for someone, so I’d say keep praying. :slight_smile:

Also, offering your suffering for the sake of others is great. We should all remember to do it…

that’s true :thumbsup:

Also do not go too far the other way and assume your prayers are automatically not heard and that they are always useless.

This is part of the straight and narrow path that must be taken to attain admittance into the Kingdom of Heaven. Many other balancing acts such as

God’s Infinite Mercy vs. God’s Infinite Justice - they do NOT cancel each other out.

In very rare cases does God reveal to the prayerful on earth the prayerful’s fruits - the good that has happened due to their prayers. Seeing a soul freed from Purgatory, seeing someone at their last moment repent, etc. to give the prayerful an extra incentive while still being able to maintain that humble prayer. It is my guess that God so rarely reveals this since it would likely go straight to our egos.

Rest assured, the prayers are heard and used accordingly but we usually do not realize the fruits until we leave this world.

thanks both :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.