What If

Found this article to be very thought provoking. This is from Catholic News Agency:
catholicnewsagency.com/column.php?n=1345

I would like your opinions on this. If the OF had been done according to SC as the Council had wanted, would the problems that the past 30 or so years have seen been averted?
Will the new version help get us to where we were supposed to be?

Odly enough I picked up a 1967 Missal( St. Josephs Sunday Missal) at a thrift shop a while back, and the Mass was very close to what Mr. Verrecchio describes. This was the Missal in use prior to the first version of the current OF issued in the early '70s.

The answer to your question is ‘no’.

Because what is coming out is a new translation, not a new version.

JM3, you are correct. I should have used " revision" rather than “version”.
From the USCCB webpage;
" Pope John Paul II announced a revised version of the Missale Romanum during the Jubilee Year 2000. Among other things, the revised edition of the Missale Romanum contains prayers for the observances of recently canonized saints, additional prefaces for the Eucharistic Prayers, additional Votive Masses and Masses and Prayers for Various Needs and Intentions, and some updated and revised rubrics (instructions) for the celebration of the Mass. The English translation of the Roman Missal will also include updated translations of existing prayers, including some of the well–known responses and acclamations of the people".

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.