What if?

Greetings everyone,

I just recently submitted my annulment to the tribunal for review. I have an appointment this coming Thursday with them.

Now, being not Catholic (but going through the process of RCIA), what would become of my situation (being in a second civil marriage) if my annulment was denied.

In order to be brought into the church would I have to make a departure from this civil marriage and live seperated?

I really want to with all my heart to come into Christ's Church, but I realize now that my past decision has created problems with entering in at Easter vigil.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

KingdomSon

This is a topic for discussion with your priest, not people on the internet that do not know you.

In such a situation, first other avenues could be explored such as dissolution of the bond-- depending upon baptismal status of you and your first spouse.

If all avenues are exhausted, your priest wil advise you regarding your living situation. The Church does not advise breaking up a household with young children. Living in continence is an option in such cases.

Again, cross that bridge if you come to it and do so with your priest as your guide.

[quote="1ke, post:2, topic:308346"]
This is a topic for discussion with your priest, not people on the internet that do not know you.

In such a situation, first other avenues could be explored such as dissolution of the bond-- depending upon baptismal status of you and your first spouse.

If all avenues are exhausted, your priest wil advise you regarding your living situation. The Church does not advise breaking up a household with young children. Living in continence is an option in such cases.

Again, cross that bridge if you come to it and do so with your priest as your guide.

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is the absolute best advice.

For now simply place the matter into the hands of the Holy Spirit with a humble heart.

Do not worry about the "what-ifs"....

Peace
James

it might be good then to lock the thread in case it strays of into lots of discussion that don't help the opening poster as they now have the answer what was sought after....:D

This actually happened to a friend of mine, who had divorced long ago and remarried a Catholic. When she tried to join the Catholic church, she had to go digging through old history (she and her ex are not on good terms) and in the end, they couldn't find any reason to declare her first marriage invalid.

She never joined the Church, and her husband never came back either.

Jala

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.