What, in your opinion, is the #1 FUNNIEST movie of all time?

What, in your opinion, is the #1 FUNNIEST movie of all time?

Strangely, I can’t answer my own question right now. “A Night at the Roxbury” comes to mind, but I know there are funnier movies than that. I just can’t think of them right now. :confused: :smiley:

(Although technically not movies, I would place collectively the Three Stooges short films at the top of my list if they could be counted.) :thumbsup:

There was a list that came out in 2000 (beginning of the Millenium).

I believe Three Mel Brook’s movies made the Top Ten: The Producers, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein.

I agree–these are all the funniest movies, especially The Producers. Fourteen Tonies or no, I still think Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder broke the mold on Bialystock and Blume.

I personally love Chevy Chase’s Christmas Vacation.

Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail

“I get to push the pram-a-lot!”

“Let’s not go there, it is a silly place”

I second the motion of Christmas Vacation. My wife and I watch every year around Christmas time, and I still find funny things in it that I overlooked before. It is truly a classic movie!!

Duck Soup. You can’t beat the Marx brothers.

Runners-up are The Blues Brothers, Dolemite, The Hebrew Hammer, and Naked Gun.

Cleaner Humor
Plains, Trains and Automobiles.
Fletch

Not so clean
Blazing Saddles
Search for the Holy Grail

Rat Race

I’ve seen many movies that were funny in a cute sort of way, or that make me smile or even chuckle every now and then. But when I watched this movie, I could not stop laughing out loud the whole way through (okay, okay, maybe not literally the whole way through, but definitely a good majority :smiley: ).

I probably need some kind of therapy, but I thought Pulp Fiction was the funniest movie I’ve ever seen. :o

My name is nobody. The saloon scene killed me.

I forgot about that one – and it reminded me of the existence of Trading Places for some reason. Both of those deserve a mention.

Also, They Call Me Trinity for the western fans.

Mad, Mad World

Better Off Dead

Three Stooges shorts.

I guess it depends upon your sense of humor! :wink:

I do like “The Simpsons” parody of Pulp Fiction in the episode “22 Short Films About Springfield.” :slight_smile:

…let me cut to the chase:

This Is Spinal Tap.

Groundhog Day is one of my personal favorites.

Holy Grail is up there too. “It’s just a flesh wound!” and the killer bunny

The one that came into my mind first was The Return of the Pink Panther. That movie made my grandmother laugh until she cried, and that woman rarely laughed, so it has a special memory for me.

“I want my $2!”

Me? I say Blue Collar Movie and Blue Collar Rides Again

I got thrown out of a bar.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It wasn’t a movie, but on a police video show I watched the cops chase down a drunk on a riding lawnmower. It was hilarious.

I just love “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” Another movie that I have is an Italian movie called “Johnny Stecchino”. It is subtitled, but that does not detract from it one bit, as the lead actor uses a lot of really expressive body language and his facial expressions are the best. A la Lucille Ball or Robin Williams. Hysterically funny movie.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.