What is a corporate mass?

Title says it all...i dont know what a corporate mass is.:shrug:

I have never heard of such a thing, where did you hear of that?

[quote="dee_burk, post:1, topic:326687"]
Title says it all...i dont know what a corporate mass is.:shrug:

[/quote]

Corporate means communal. It's not a kind of Mass but rather, a description of how we, the Body of Christ, worship at the Liturgy of the Eucharist.

"The celebration of Mass is a corporate act, an act of the whole assembly gathered for worship."
usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/the-mass/the-worshiping-assembly-at-mass.cfm

The bulletin this past Sunday says the CCW will have a corporate mass with a breakfast to follow. i was just wondering what a corporate mass was, i had never heard of one..but i am still new to the faith and have so much to learn.

This isn't a term I've ever heard either. Why don't you call the parish and ask, then post the answer for the rest of us.

[quote="dee_burk, post:4, topic:326687"]
The bulletin this past Sunday says the CCW will have a corporate mass with a breakfast to follow. i was just wondering what a corporate mass was, i had never heard of one..but i am still new to the faith and have so much to learn.

[/quote]

ok. We use the same term for our CDA and KofC. They call it a corporate Communion in our parish. It simply means that the members of that group will try to attend the same Mass on that particular Sunday in order to worship together. They usually sit together and, in our parish, they say a Rosary together before Mass on that day.

Thanks, Corki. that makes sense. it was at a regular mass time - the one i usually go to and i didnt know if only CCW were to attend and i needed to go to a different mass.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.