What is a good enough reason to convert?

First a little background on me…I have been raised in the First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and was baptized there about 5 years ago (I am 25 now). I do believe in God and Jesus and his death on the cross that allows me to be saved, however not going to church on Sundays with my mom was not an option as a child and whenever I expressed a wish not to, I was told I would be punished if I didn’t. So going to church has never really been a great experience for me, but a duty.
I have been seeing my boyfriend for a year now, and he is Catholic. He’s never asked me to go to church with him, and I’m not even sure how often he attends himself, although I know he does occasionally. But I have been thinking about the possible future which has led me to considering Catholicism since I’m pretty sure we both have to be Catholic for a wedding to be recognized by the Church, and if we ever had children I would want them to be raised in his faith. I haven’t been to a Mass yet or talked to a priest, but I have been reseraching Catholicism a little. I know Catholicism is very tradition oriented, and there is so much more “body” (I can’t think of a better word to describe everything that is required) to being a practicing Catholic than there is in my own faith, things like saying the rosary, going to confession, observing Lent through giving something up, even the simple act of making the sign of the cross. All this appeals to me. I would just want to convert for the right reasons though, not because of my boyfriend, which I know is how it would look to my family, and kind of how it looks to me even though I don’t believe I would be converting just for him. So do I have a good enough reason to consider converting? Or should there be something more to my interest in Catholicism?

This link should be give you the answer you need. I encourage you to contact the priest who pastors the Catholic Church near you and he will guide you from there. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
How to Become a Catholic**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.