What is best In this situation?

Sorry I don't know what sections this is ment to be in so feel free to move :)

I was thinking say someone ( hyptheticlly)you love is in the hospital and going in for surgery or somthing and your worried about the outcome and you decide to pray the rosary , now my questions is what would that do ? Would it be better to pray directly to Jesus askin for protection and well being etc rather than just hail Mary's with no u know prayer like that attached to it , if you see what I mean Would god know your asking these things ?

Thanks chuck

While there is not, to my knowledge, any effective way of measuring the efficiency of a prayer, the best way in my mind would be to pray the rosary while meditating on the surgery, your friend, and the surgeons, asking the Holy Spirit to guide the hands of the surgeons and strengthen the body of your friend for the trials to come.

[quote="Chuck1, post:1, topic:293456"]
Sorry I don't know what sections this is ment to be in so feel free to move :)

I was thinking say someone ( hyptheticlly)you love is in the hospital and going in for surgery or somthing and your worried about the outcome and you decide to pray the rosary , now my questions is what would that do ? Would it be better to pray directly to Jesus askin for protection and well being etc rather than just hail Mary's with no u know prayer like that attached to it , if you see what I mean Would god know your asking these things ?

Thanks chuck

[/quote]

DO BOTH:thumbsup:

I don’t think it would matter as long as you pray with a humble and sincere heart, but personally I believe in continual prayer. So I would probably do at least both.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.