What is Gods strong delusion?

I was reading about the strong delusion god will send to earth before the anti-christ comes, where he says many will be fooled, even the elect, here Im assuming he is referring to elders of the church, or our political/world leaders…?

Many people seem to think this is how the UFOs/Aliens will play into the big picture, God knows people see these UFOs every day around the world and the number of them seems to be rising quite steadily, plus alot of people consider aliens may have created us as a type of experiment, this could be the delusion, if suddenly alien craft land all over the world and tell everyone they did indeed create us and therefore they are our Gods. Just seeing their spacecraft would convince most people, the simple fact they can get here from another world tells us they are way more advanced, so it would not be a stretch for many people to believe them about creating us.

I think an event like this would change the world overnight. Many people would start to worship them and the church would suddenly have alot of people demanding an explanation.

In fact, I can think of not greater delusion that God could send, that is, if we getting close to that time, (which is up for debate as well), every generation believes it is the last, they see signs everywhere, yet still nothing happens. Im curious how many on here believe are living in the end times, or those who believe it is 1000s of years in the future.

Can anyone find in the bible where it goes into more detail about this delusion?

I believe Jesus did say that nobody really knows when it will come, but just be ready.
So the time it will take place is pure speculation.

Although we do know that there will be an anti-Christ, one who will mislead even many of the good people, and also a helper to the anti-Christ who will do wonders and so called miracles to lead even the wise astray, and then the devil will be there too. There will also be earthquakes and signs in the sky.

St. Augustine wrote about two cities, one of man and the other of God. I choose to be in the City of God. Each will grow in size and strength and be opposed to each other. This is shown in cain and able in Genesis. Able was more agrarian and Cain more mechanized, so to speak. Since we are living in the end times we have to choose the correct sheperd to follow. We must listen to the correct voice and follow it which is the Church.

I think Romans 1:18-32 goes into greater detail of what the strong delusion is. I think the strong delusion is here. Certain acts(not just one) that were condemned & hidden years ago, are glorified & legal today. It's become normal and even some Christians accept it. Those who oppose, will be punished, shunned, or possibly jailed. With that in mind, I do believe we are living in the last days, and Jesus is returning soon. Just my humble opinion.

[quote="Remember_Me, post:4, topic:334467"]
I think Romans 1:18-32 goes into greater detail of what the strong delusion is. I think the strong delusion is here. Certain acts(not just one) that were condemned & hidden years ago, are glorified & legal today. It's become normal and even some Christians accept it. Those who oppose, will be punished, shunned, or possibly jailed. With that in mind, I do believe we are living in the last days, and Jesus is returning soon. Just my humble opinion.

[/quote]

I have refreshed my memory of the passages you show. It is like the sin of adam and eve where they make their own rules for themselves and do not follow God's law. That leads to problems and is a result of their delusion of grandeur.

[quote="mikekle, post:1, topic:334467"]
I was reading about the strong delusion god will send to earth before the anti-christ comes, where he says many will be fooled, even the elect, here Im assuming he is referring to elders of the church, or our political/world leaders...?

Many people seem to think this is how the UFOs/Aliens will play into the big picture, God knows people see these UFOs every day around the world and the number of them seems to be rising quite steadily, plus alot of people consider aliens may have created us as a type of experiment, this could be the delusion, if suddenly alien craft land all over the world and tell everyone they did indeed create us and therefore they are our Gods. Just seeing their spacecraft would convince most people, the simple fact they can get here from another world tells us they are way more advanced, so it would not be a stretch for many people to believe them about creating us.

I think an event like this would change the world overnight. Many people would start to worship them and the church would suddenly have alot of people demanding an explanation.

In fact, I can think of not greater delusion that God could send, that is, if we getting close to that time, (which is up for debate as well), every generation believes it is the last, they see signs everywhere, yet still nothing happens. Im curious how many on here believe are living in the end times, or those who believe it is 1000s of years in the future.

Can anyone find in the bible where it goes into more detail about this delusion?

[/quote]

I do not wish to be insulting or uncharitable, but it sounds to me like you are reading too much Science Fiction and confusing it by mixing it with Religion.
Not a good idea!

[quote="Remember_Me, post:4, topic:334467"]

[/quote]

I'm under the same impression as well. It seems more and more Christian teaching and simple morals are being called "hate speech" by society. Just imagine what's next.

[quote="George_Stegmeir, post:6, topic:334467"]
I do not wish to be insulting or uncharitable, but it sounds to me like you are reading too much Science Fiction and confusing it by mixing it with Religion.
Not a good idea!

[/quote]

I take no offense to this, but in many ways, science fiction is very similar to what is going on regarding end times in religion.

I also find it strange the Vatican itself and its head researcher openly admit people will be asking for salvation from an alien savior!!! Not to mention the Vatican has one of the most advanced telescopes in the world, this tells me they are looking for something, many many articles claim the vatican knows what is going to happen here soon on earth, and much of it sounds like science fiction, but in this particular case, it is science non-fiction!

It is interesting the Vatican is discussing aliens and extraterrestrial life so often though, putting so much money into high tech devices to see far into space. Google this topic if you do not believe me, and Im referring to the credible sites, not some tabloid types.

[quote="mikekle, post:8, topic:334467"]
I take no offense to this, but in many ways, science fiction is very similar to what is going on regarding end times in religion.

I also find it strange the Vatican itself and its head researcher openly admit people will be asking for salvation from an alien savior!!! Not to mention the Vatican has one of the most advanced telescopes in the world, this tells me they are looking for something, many many articles claim the vatican knows what is going to happen here soon on earth, and much of it sounds like science fiction, but in this particular case, it is science non-fiction!

It is interesting the Vatican is discussing aliens and extraterrestrial life so often though, putting so much money into high tech devices to see far into space. Google this topic if you do not believe me, and Im referring to the credible sites, not some tabloid types.

[/quote]

Its not up to us to google to support your claims.
YOU are the one making the claims so please give us the CREDIBLE sites you are referring to.

[quote="thistle, post:9, topic:334467"]
Its not up to us to google to support your claims.
YOU are the one making the claims so please give us the CREDIBLE sites you are referring to.

[/quote]

ufodigest.com/balducci.html

ecumenicalnews.com/article/vatican-astronomers-are-searching-for-alien-life-say-auhors-22068

[quote="mikekle, post:8, topic:334467"]

[/quote]

The Vatican has been involved in science for centuries. This is NOTHING new. In fact, the Jesuits are in charge of the Vatican Observatory with the telescopes and arrays that probe the skies seeking new knowledge. It is about truth that they search for because Jesus is the way and the truth. Just because they have an observatory please don't read into it that they are just there searching for ET life.

I can't think of a greater delusion that pulls people out of churches by the millions than the Radical Reformation that ruptured Christianity into about 30,000 different denominations, all infected with protestant queering of scripture and doctrine. That's delusion on as massive a scale as any could imagine. This kinda played out in Genesis 3:1.

Instill confusion. Read through to 1:6. This whole scene is playing out once again. Instill confusion. That's how it starts, and that's the fuel that causes it to spread like wildfire. Instill confusion. Absolutely everything comes under scrutiny--now you're walking around wondering who's right, and what and where is truth. Instill confusion, and anything's possible. Instill confusion, and even those seeking God will follow the devil himself.

Instill confusion.

[quote="NorthernAdams, post:12, topic:334467"]
I can't think of a greater delusion that pulls people out of churches by the millions than the Radical Reformation that ruptured Christianity into about 30,000 different denominations, all infected with protestant queering of scripture and doctrine. That's delusion on as massive a scale as any could imagine. This kinda played out in Genesis 3:1.

Instill confusion. Read through to 1:6. This whole scene is playing out once again. Instill confusion. That's how it starts, and that's the fuel that causes it to spread like wildfire. Instill confusion. Absolutely everything comes under scrutiny--now you're walking around wondering who's right, and what and where is truth. Instill confusion, and anything's possible. Instill confusion, and even those seeking God will follow the devil himself.

Instill confusion.

[/quote]

In Genesis Satan also used doubt.

[quote="mdcpensive1, post:13, topic:334467"]
In Genesis Satan also used doubt.

[/quote]

Exactly, and doubt is a form of confusion. A single drop of doubt, and you just can't be sure of anything anymore. Instill confusion. You can't instill confusion without instilling doubt. All these sects claim to be in sole possession of the truth, and every single one can argue their way through the Bible so that their interpretations make perfect sense.

The Bible itself can be used for evil.

[quote="NorthernAdams, post:14, topic:334467"]
Exactly, and doubt is a form of confusion. A single drop of doubt, and you just can't be sure of anything anymore. Instill confusion. You can't instill confusion without instilling doubt. All these sects claim to be in sole possession of the truth, and every single one can argue their way through the Bible so that their interpretations make perfect sense.

The Bible itself can be used for evil.

[/quote]

I agree. It is vey insidious to have satan cast doubt and confusion on revealed revelation. It is something to think about in the year of faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.