What is in your Faith that tells you that it is Good and True?

Of course, as a Catholic Christian, I say that believing in Jesus and doing as he commanded, and following Him because he is the Way The Truth and the Life. Gives me the impetus that my Faith is unshakable (regardless of the way I many times fail to adhere to it) but ask for forgiveness repenting sincerely due to my faults.

It also helps me when I refer to Galatians 5: 22-23 : But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (NIV)

This is basically my test.

What is yours?

MJ

As a non-Catholic Christian I echo your words completely…and against such there is no law!

The sacraments, especially the Eucharist and Reconciliation. Also, it is in the Mass I know my faith is good & true.

I guess it would be the Qur’anic teaching that says that God is greater. I don’t like the Islamic community very much and I’ve been doubting Islam a lot because of them, but there’s nothing to go back to.

Atheism is bankrupt of wisdom and other faiths don’t have a living miracle like the Qur’an. I stay as a Muslim because, although it hurts to be a Muslim, it has the pure, holy message of all the prophets and the spiritual ecstasy taught by the awliya.

Dear Martin - That is calls us to the Service of Mankind tells me it is Good and True;

“That one indeed is a man who, today, dedicateth himself to the service of the entire human race. The Great Being saith: Blessed and happy is he that ariseth to promote the best interests of the peoples and kindreds of the earth. It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.”

We have instructions like this and we are told if you are Worthy of a “Name” this is how you would live your life.

“Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face. Be a treasure to the poor, an admonisher to the rich, an answerer of the cry of the needy, a preserver of the sanctity of thy pledge. Be fair in thy judgment, and guarded in thy speech. Be unjust to no man, and show all meekness to all men. Be as a lamp unto them that walk in darkness, a joy to the sorrowful, a sea for the thirsty, a haven for the distressed, an upholder and defender of the victim of oppression. Let integrity and uprightness distinguish all thine acts. Be a home for the stranger, a balm to the suffering, a tower of strength for the fugitive. Be eyes to the blind, and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be an ornament to the countenance of truth, a crown to the brow of fidelity, a pillar of the temple of righteousness, a breath of life to the body of mankind, an ensign of the hosts of justice, a luminary above the horizon of virtue, a dew to the soil of the human heart, an ark on the ocean of knowledge, a sun in the heaven of bounty, a gem on the diadem of wisdom, a shining light in the firmament of thy generation, a fruit upon the tree of humility”.

Regards Tony

The bible also says that God is greater, much greater, but it also tells how much greater God loves me.(John 3:16) It asks: What can separate us from the love of God? Nothing. God’s love is greater. The bible assures me that God did not give me a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind. It assures me that the Lord is my shepherd, and He will never abandon me.
Is this in the Holy Qur’an?

I don’t understand what that stuff means. I assume you’re using Bible terminology, but I don’t know.

**“God is love”**1 John 4. That says it all for me. Love is foundational to the very universe-and God desires that we love as well. This, alone, is what makes life worth living-it’s what makes life worthy of living. If all creation complied we’d have it now, here on earth.

Love will triumph and rule in the end. It already has-but, until this world ends, evil and hatred will still be allowed to play their hands out.

Yes this is in the Holy Koran. God is the Focal Point for all Love and always watches over us.

Regards Tony

Can you show were the Qur’an promises the love of God towards us? I’ve not found it and would like to know.

Shalom
Jerry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.