what is it...?

What is it that you believe is keeping you from deepening your practice? And what is it that you believe you need to do to let go of what is holding you back?

Small portion of agnostic type doubt mixed with a mostly fallen world…

Where sin abounds, Grace abounds the MORE, God Bless, memaw

Laziness. :slight_smile: (Or if you want a more dignified term, spiritual sloth. :()

A long standing addiction to certain immoral activities, and an inordinate loving of gaming. Also, a fair share of laziness, and a cluttered mind that makes it hard to focus on any one thing for too long.

Sadness. Hard feelings. Inability to forgive. Self-loathing. Despair.

Take your pick.

This time of year is just full of hidden charm for me. :rolleyes:

Unforgiveness, being unable to forget the worst times in my life, comparing myself to other people, anxiety, depression, and lethargy.

I know I need to forgive myself and everyone else who’s hurt me. But it’s become so much of who I am that to let it go would mean to lose myself. Maybe that’s exactly what I need to do though? Lose all of my weak self and immerse myself totally in Christ. It’s just so hard for me to forgive though…especially when all of this junk affects me all day, every day, in every part of myself and my life.

Pride.

Increase in humility.

Matthew 16:25

For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

I believe what keeps me from deepening my practice is fear, fear of change. When I’m able to accept change in what I think, say, and how I act I can feel the practice deepening. Then out of fear of change I revert into the old habits where I feel more comfortable but am less free.
Maybe if I’m able to accept change more willingly and graciously I’ll be able to let go of the fear and experience real freedom.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.