What is Jesus doing?

I know that once Jesus ascended into heaven he is sitting at the right hand of God.

My JW friend said that in 1914 Jesus came back invisibly(they have changed this teaching a lot) and is now busy here on earth. I know this is not true. So I asked her what has he been doing from the time that he ascended to 1914 and she said something about Jesus helping the gospel apologists,if I remember right. She even showed me a verse in the bible which I can’t remember now.

So from the time Jesus ascended to 1914 he has been busy with just a handful of gospel preachers?

I would think that from the time that Jesus ascended into heaven he has been busy holding back the hand of Satan but I don’t know of any bible verses that say exactly what he is doing now. She is a “bible” person and I need some verses to tell her what Jesus has been doing since he ascended into heaven.

Did my question make sense?

Thanks

Tell the person that they have no proof of this. Even if they do tell you a bible verse (which they take out of context.) tell them this
Revelation 1:7,. “Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him.”

Jesus said “I will be will you always”
He is present in the Holy Mass every time it is offered.

God Bless! :thumbsup:

You know, according to the JWs, the world ended in 1914. Or was it 1975? There is not a single JW prophecy that has come true. Zero, zip, nada. What we do know is that Jesus is interceding on our behalf at the right hand of the Father.

Jim, how do you define “interceding”? In the same way as the Saints and Mary? Is Jesus as the Son of G-d still acting as the Mediator between humans and the Father even though He is with the Father now?

Ooops! :o “Mediating”. Since we believe that Jesus shares G-d’s substance, He does not intercede, but rather, mediates. The rest of us can intercede, and I thank you when you do!

I believe last week the Pope said Jesus prays TO the Father FOR us, and when he does he shows the wounds on his hands and feet to God.

What is the difference between interceding and mediating? All the translations I’ve looked at use “intercede” in Romans 8:34. And in the dictionary both to intercede and to mediate are equated. I’m curious to know if there is a finer distinction made theologically . . .

Christ mediates between us and the Father. The angels and saints intercede through their prayer on our behalf. We simply pray.

I had to look up the technical definitions here. :o

Jesus is Mediator, and while His mediation is a form of intercession, it appears that He alone mediates, while the angels and saints may intercede. All mediation is intercession, but not all intercession is mediation.

I hope that I finally got the terminology correct.

Thanks one and all. You have always be there to help me. God Bless

We are not waiting for Christ to return on a cloud of glory…God is waiting for us to return ourselves as the Glory of God.

Maybe the second is true…however your first part of your post is dreadfully wrong theologically…he will return on a cloud.

When we surrender ourselves fully to Love’s purposes Christ has already come again.

Why not get a copy of The Essential Catholic Survival Guide? It has great sections on challenging the JWs, Mormons, SDA and most other non-Catholic faiths.

Not according to the scriptures. He will come again in glory according to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.

Thankfully I have not been judged yet, I still have some time.:gopray2:

Speak for yourself there good buddy. I am waiting for him to come again in glory, I can’t wait to see all of my loved ones again when they are raised from the dead.

1. Jesus said, “Wherever two or three are gathered in my Name, there am I in their midst.”
    So He’s helping Christians on Earth.

2. Jesus is" King of Kings and Lord of Lords." So, He’s involved in the world’s affairs for the sake of His elect.

3. Jesus promised to “be with us [the Church] until the end of time.” This means He is involved in and present in the Church throughout the world.

I have several books on how to deal with JW but when the time comes I don’t expect the question so I don’t think fast enough. The perils of an old brain:mad:

Good points all now to remember them. I should write them down so they are at the tips of my fingers. My brains seems to be a little slow these days or maybe it needs more study. I am sure my friend is studying while I am on CA:)

In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also. (John 14:2-3)

Christ himself says he is preparing a place for us. The question is how does he, “prepare a place for us”? But not only that, he says he will come and receive us to himself.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. (John 14:21-23)

He will manifest himself to those who love him, but not only that. He and the Father will come and abide with that man or woman. Is that a physical appearing or a spiritual?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.