What is Karma?

I heard a work “Karma”. But I don’t quit understand what it is about, after I seached the information, I know something about it, but is it ture?
Here is something I learned about KARMA:
Illness is caused by karma, which could not simply be cured, if it cured, it just like the people dosen’t pay back his debt, even it is temporarily cured, karma will transfer, or a backward shift, or shifted to their relatives. “Because the fact is like this, everything must obey the rule of state of birth, sickness and death, they are karma retribution. If you owe a debt, you must repay it.” “If you have it cured, it equals that you have destroy the theory, it means that you can do many bad things, of course it can’t be tolerant.” " Some people think that illnesses will be cured by giving medical treatment, but acturally it is not cured at all, it just transfer to other people or to another type of illness. Or the people will be ill later or his/her relatives will be ill in the future.
In this theory, disease will never be cured and can never be cured.

Karma is not a Christian belief. There are ramifications for our sin and if don’t we don’t thread lightly and do as we please, there are things that will come back to bite you. They always do.

A good example is in proverbs. If you read proverbs it is the master list of what people would consider “Karma” It shows an action/reaction approach to our sins. In my honest opinion.

Because we sow evil doesn’t mean God will repay us with evil but ramifications of our sin can come back to us.

How is what you’ve described different from karma ?

Karma is a concept from Indian religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism. The Buddhist version is that your actions will have effects:Mind precedes all conditions,
mind is their chief, they are mind-made.
If you speak or act with an evil mind then suffering will follow you,
as the wheel follows the draught ox.

Mind precedes all conditions,
mind is their chief, they are mind-made.
If you speak or act with a pure mind then happiness will follow you,
as a shadow that never leaves.

Dhammapada 1:1-2

after I seached the information, I know something about it, but is it ture?

Karma is not found in Christianity, though there is something similar in that Christianity holds that all will be judged on their actions. In both Buddhism and Christianity your actions will have an effect on your future happiness.

There might be an exception for extreme Calvinism where our actions have no future effect. The Buddha dismissed such doctrines as useless; mainstream Christianity does not have this problem.

rossum

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.