What is life about?

Besides pondering Jesus. I know what my life is about. Having sex, doing drugs and listening to music. Yes, I said it: Sex, drugs and rock&roll. I know there is a lot of you people that would disagree with what I said and I know there is many of you who do not know your place in life. You make your own place in life.

I rebuke your argument that I am somehow evil. In my defense…I guess the devil said love was a sin, so that rules out sex. It’s not what goes into your mouth that will defile you, so more drugs please. And rock&roll will live forever, man…

What’s your place in life, I’m curious?

Take it from me hun… you are only on a path that will bring you pain. Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll are things that will bring you a life that you probably will not want. Sex, without marriage, brings a hole in your life that will only be filled with emptiness tho you try to fill it up with more sex it only gets bigger. Drugs alter your perception and take you ‘away’ but then you are brought down harder into reality when they wear off. Rock ‘n’ roll is cool by me tho! I don’t know what your life has been like but with the kind of statement you made and the screen name you chose I think you have been through a WORLD of hurt. I am here if you need to talk!

As for me… well… I used to think that God only put me on this earth to test how much He could pour on someone before they broke… I got into the sex and such because of the pain I felt and I almost ended my life a couple of times. I can only tell you that it is because of GOD that I am still alive in this world. He loves you. Never forget that. And it pains Him to see you hurt yourself in the way that you are…

My place in this world is helping others who know of the pain I wrote about above even though I didn’t go into detail. I am here for anyone who needs to talk. :slight_smile:

My place is one of imitation. I imitate Jesus, and try my best to walk in His footsteps. Without Him, I would have perished long ago.:thumbsup:

St. Augustine’s words are classic: God made us for himself, and our hearts are restless until they rest in him.

Next time you are considering drugs, consider ritalin.

It seems starting out by rebuking our arguments is not being very open minded.:o

“He has brought me to His banquet hall, and His banner over me is love.” (Song of Songs 2:4)

That’s my place–in the Lord’s banquet hall.

Drugs–“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalm 91>1) He’s my “high.”

Sex-"…he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57) I apologize if that is offensive to some readers, but I find that partaking of Eucharist and making love to my husband is very simliar.

Rock Music-the entire book of Psalms is a songbook. As Larry Norman, the creator of “Christian rock music” says, “He’s the Rock that doesn’t roll.” And if you think you will have to give up rock music when you believe in Jesus, Larry Norman also says, “Why should the devil have all the good music?”

In fact, you sound like someone who might be interested in checking out Larry Norman at larrynorman.com/

He’s old now, as we all get old. But back in the 60s, he was the “bad boy” of religion. He started out as a druggie, but found the Lord. He lived in San Francisco and through his “Jesus rock music,” led hundreds of hippies to Jesus. I saw him several times when I was a teenager in the 70s, and a few years ago, we drove several hours to bring our children to one of his concerts. My older daughter loves his music–it’s raw rock. If you can get hold of the early albums, you will enjoy the starkness of the man and a few instruments, not processed to pieces in a fancy “recording” studio.

Note: Larry Norman is not a Catholic.

Best wishes to you, JesusS4ves.

What my life is about changes as I go through different stages. As a kid it was about learning the tasks I’d need to survive, and to survive in my crazy family.

Then…it was about getting away from my crazy family and havingmy own kids. Teaching them how to survive…and hopefully also thrive and serve. Now they are getting ready to leave the nest, and I am focusing more on putting some money away to live on in my old age, creating some art to leave behind, and hopefully to share what I know of life, love and all that jazz with the world.

Life is about living. Sex, drugs and rock and roll are all wonderful parts of it, but for most of us…not all we need to live.

The most important thing I’ve done is have and raise kids. I put alot of thought and energy into that. I stayed home with them. Tried to answer their questions honestly rather than with a slap and an excuse. Tried to share all I know of the Divine with them.

So…mylife has mostly been about that.

my faith is also tremendously important to me. It is the wellspring of all I believe and do. I am not Catholic. If you want to know more, look at my profile.

cheddar

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.