What is love?

God first

What is love?

09-25-2009

Here I sat looking into the great inside of the center of spirit the part is love and you do not have to be Christian to understand what am about write. Love is an emotion that you could have until Christ died for you Atheism and Christian both have it.

Atheist may not believe they have because of Jesus Christ and I not going fight about it so we will leave it there. This love an emotion that can show people in your actions like a young boy signs will be in face.

They will have a reaction to the love even not real love that last forever the young boy might find himself with an action that shows in his sex organs. But it true love you will see him light up when he around her but if he wants from his sex organs will show the proved.

Real love is not about sex but an emotion that his heart shows not his sex organs while many may not believe me because some can start as about the sex organs but change over time together. Why am written about love now I do not know but I need to asked this question.

What is love? Many people have tried to answer this question because love can be seem but effect love has over a person can only be witness. Thank you all for reading my written that God moves to write with love Roy.

That’s easy. :wink:

Love is the ultimate truth (it does not lie), to care (it does not harm), to be a friend of (it does not betray), to be all ears of (it does not ignore), to hope (it does not dispair), to smile (it does not anger/frown), to give (it does not steal), to be humble (it does not take pride), to forgive.

You know why it’s so easy?

Because Jesus is the definition of love. Think about it :slight_smile:

My dear friend

In my signature you can go to and read my blog about what is love.

Hope it helps. It’s a very big question though because God is Love and He is infinite. a feebe answer is on my blog though.

God bless:)
John

Hi.
I know the few words about love.
"Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.

"Love is friendship set on fire.

"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing.

"To be in love is merely to be in a state of perceptual anesthesia.

"Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it…It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk everything, you risk even more.
Keep posting to us daily .

Thank you .

Best in Communication

Real love is not an emotion; it is an act of the will. True love puts aside self and wants what is best for the other person.

love is charity complete service to others without thought or expectaation of reward.

God first

hi shubr0om and John Russell Jr and nuimos and beckycmarie and jpk1313

shubr0om – yes it is easy

John Russell Jr – thank i will read later

nuimos – I enjoy that and thank you

beckycmarie – it an emotion of the will –
Definitions of love on the Web:

* a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
* any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
* have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
* beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
* get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
* a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
* be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
* a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
* sleep together: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
* sexual love: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn't had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life" 

jpk1313 – yes charity can be translated into love

love Roy

Year2027, you’ve produced some examples of how the world defines love, but how the Church defines love is different.

People who think love is an emotion tend to have relationships that don’t last very long. As soon as they don’t “feel” like loving someone, they move on. Someone who is truly loving loves at all times, especially when they don’t feel like it.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Cor: 13:4-8)

Great thread, Roy!

God first

hi beckycmarie and Stylites

beckycmarie – love is a emotion just like hate is a emotion too but

Stylites – thanks

love Roy

Love is to desire the good of another-and to be willing to act on that desire.

I was going to say “To will the good of another” But someone beat me to it…:mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.