What is my role as a godparent?

I have been made god parent to my brother, now 35 . When they were young I didn't do as I should have to help in their faith formation.My brother made it through confirmation and marriage in the Catholic Church. They now have a child of the age of 8 that hasnt been baptized and they currently don't go to church.
I also have a nephew whom is now 28. He was baptized in the church....and i am afraid that's as far as he made it..he was married in an outdoor ceremony they also has one infant and he currently doesn't attend church.:
Is there anything you can suggest at ths later time in our life that I could do to help.

These links should provide the Catholic understanding of the role of godparents. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
*What is the purpose of godparents?
What are the requirements for godparents?*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.