What is odd about you....?

Come on admit it we all have something odd about us.

I still believe in God a lot of people I know consider that odd.

Hmmmm! Where to begin. :shrug:

I would say the one odd thing about me that really bothers me because I can't figure out why I do this is when walking, let's say, in a grocery store pushing a cart, if I am stopped and looking at something and then decide to go to the left or right (direction doesn't matter) instead of just going in whatever direction I choose, I will make a complete circle and then head in that direction. I do this constantly and when I catch myself I always say outloud---"Why on earth do I do that" and then I shake my head at myself ans continue on. :)

I am almost fifty years old, and I still have my collection of stuffed animals - I just like having them, that's all. :blush:

I know a guy who does that circle thing, or at least he used to. Or maybe it was a hand thing that was funny. Anyways, he's the most amazing genius I know.

As for me, I have Asperger's Syndrome so good luck finding something normal about me!

[quote="jmcrae, post:3, topic:222699"]
I am almost fifty years old, and I still have my collection of stuffed animals - I just like having them, that's all. :blush:

[/quote]

Same here and I am 19 years old. ;) When I think of all the great times I had playing with my stuffed animals with my brothers and sisters, I can't stand the idea of throwing any of them away.

As for what is weird about me...

When I walk around, my left arms swings back and forth, but my right arm swings left and right in front of me. :P

Weird electrochemical makeup such that:

1) I can't wear a normal watch because it either stops or runs slow.
2) I once permanently stopped someone's watch by shaking their hand.
3) I attract lightning.
4) Can't keep a cell phone turned on because the energy will drain real fast.
5) I can't use a compass ... either they like to point the opposite direction,
or they like to point South West. (that was my car compass, which I got rid of)

A few reasons why I consider myself a real live X-File.

Life is an adventure!
:thumbsup:

[quote="johnpfmcguire, post:4, topic:222699"]

As for me, I have Asperger's Syndrome so good luck finding something normal about me!

[/quote]

Hear, hear! It makes me goofy as well! :)

[quote="the_phoenix, post:6, topic:222699"]

3) I attract lightning.

Life is an adventure!

[/quote]

The same thing happens to my mother! She's "killed" many many watches throughout the years.

I'm a writer.... :tada:

:compcoff:

'nuff said!

Okay, I'm a hermit. I hardly go anywhere which doesn't bother me in the least. I used to think I should have been a religious because of it, but that's not necessarily what makes a good religious. I go to Sunday Mass and sometimes grocery shopping with my dh, but most of the time I'm at home and content to be so. I have no fear of going out--I just prefer to stay home if at all possible, which is a good thing when we're snowed in here. LOL! The only time I get restless is camping season. Even then we only go for weekends. That's what makes me odd.

3) I attract lightning.

Life is an adventure!

[/quote]

Whay would happen if you rubbed a balloon on your head?

[quote="Della, post:10, topic:222699"]
Okay, I'm a hermit. I hardly go anywhere which doesn't bother me in the least. I used to think I should have been a religious because of it, but that's not necessarily what makes a good religious. I go to Sunday Mass and sometimes grocery shopping with my dh, but most of the time I'm at home and content to be so. I have no fear of going out--I just prefer to stay home if at all possible, which is a good thing when we're snowed in here. LOL! The only time I get restless is camping season. Even then we only go for weekends. That's what makes me odd.

[/quote]

I also stay in, unless I have someone to go out with, and someone to go and see. :)

[quote="jmcrae, post:12, topic:222699"]
I also stay in, unless I have someone to go out with, and someone to go and see. :)

[/quote]

Yeah, me too. I'm not averse to going out so much as I just don't go out unless I've got someplace to go or someone to see which I almost never do. :shrug:

3) I attract lightning.

Life is an adventure!

[/quote]

I have similar situations. Electronics often quit working around me. My DH hates it when I use anything of his... He says I'll put my "ju-ju" on it, and it will break. I kind of think I'm so tired that I just suck the energy out of anything I can! I pick up radio waves often. I suddenly "hear" a song I like so I turn on the radio to find it playing. I think there's actually some scientific explanation for this.

I've had some run ins with spirits or ghosts... and I get bad VIBES in places that will have turned out to had something bad happen there. A LONG TIME AGO...

let's see . . .
I've been told that I should have been born in the 4th or 5th century, which would put me at about the same time as my patron saint, St. Augustine :p , so, here we go:

I want to learn calligraphy
my favorite poets are 19th century or earlier
I have more of an affinity with Latin than any modern language
I like dressing up
My favorite music genre is Gregorian Chant
I dislike pre-writing or planning formal papers (I prefer to simply write)
I rarely can accurately catch sarcasm
if I am tickled I laugh like a monkey
I've been told that my handwriting looks like Bilbo Baggins'.

Ayai-yai-yai-yai-yai... I might as well have everybody in my life come on here and make a bloody list. -.-

Let's see...

1. When I laugh, it's either a sort of wheezing snicker (kinda like that cartoon dog Muttley :rolleyes:), or just downright evil-sounding. (Personally, though I've made it a habit to make it the latter. >B))

2. I have conservative morals (meaning I despise things such as abortion, infidelity, treating sex cheaply etc) yet am not religious (I don't pray the Rosary, hardly ever went in an Adoration chapel, have no interest in novenas, devotions etc).

3. In relation to #2, I also have a morel liberal taste when it comes to the arts such as music, fiction, fashion, media etc.

4. I don't desire sainthood.

5. I am either apathetic towards or alienated by all kinds of euphoric, supernatural, religious experiences.

6. I exhibit little to zero attraction towards real women but, shamefully, suffer the reverse when it comes to certain 2D women, drawn in a certain Japanese art style. :blush::banghead:

7. I like cute, meek, Virgin Mary-ish type girls but strangely do not want to impose that image upon all females. Lack of diversity just sucks. :P

I want to break into song at most times.

I hate silence, in fact, I fall asleep to "Mythbusters".
I'm a very devoted Catholic internally, but if anyone met me, they would be surprised (I don't give off a religious vibe).

I almost became a nun, but couldn't handle the whole celibacy thing.

I talk to my cats like they are people, and I swear they understand!
I'm engaged, but so far has not become a Bridezilla.

I heal very quickly--in about half the time. The best example of this is when I broke all the fingers in my right hand when I fell off a bike. They were compound fractures (snapped clean though and my fingers were dangling at odd angles). They set them, cast my whole hand and sent me on my way.

In three weeks they x-rayed me to see how they were healing and SURPRISE the bones were totally fused--so the took the cast off.

Then they told me I would need physical therapy to regain normal movement and might have partial movement... and to come back in a week. Except that I started to get light headed and felt like I was going to pass out when they cut the cast off (I have no idea why) and I heard that I "should be able to have normal movement in a week." So I came back a week later and had full range of movement in my fingers (although my hand was weak). The doctor said he never saw anything like it.

I am like that with most injuries and illnesses (if I get sick at all).

It's good to heal quickly--especially since I am accident prone to compliment it, lol.

I can burp at will, and not like little burps, I once did one that set off a street full of car alarms!

I also suck my fingers, [the two middle ones on my left hand] I don't do it in public, but I can't get to sleep unless i do it. I'm 29. I am not ashamed!

DING, DING, DING, DING----I think we have our winner!! :thumbsup:

Very impressive vera dicere! :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.