What is our personal responsibility as Christians to recognize and reject false teaching?

Greetings in Christ,

Christ has a VERY IMPORTANT teaching in Matt.13:24-30, 36-43 and we find related teachings throughout the Scripture.

FOR EXAMPLE:-
Acts 20:29-32; Matt.7:15-16; Matt.24:4, 11, 24; 2 Cor.11:13-15; 1 Tim.4:1-3; 2 Pet.2:1-3; Jude 4.

Acts 20:29-32; “ … After My departure savage wolves will come in AMONG you … to draw away the disciples after themselves.”

Matt.7:15-16; “Beware of false prophets, who come to you IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.”

Matt.24:4, 11, 24; “And Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you. … many false prophets will rise up and DECEIVE MANY … so as to DECEIVE, if possible, even the ELECT.”

2 Cor.11:13-15; “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, TRANSFORMING THEMSELVES into apostles of Christ.”

2 Pet.2:1-3; “But there WERE also false prophets among the people, even as there WILL BE false teachers AMONG YOU, who will SECRETLY bring in destructive HERESIES, … and MANY will follow their destructive ways.”

Jude 4; “Certain people have SECRETLY INFILTRATED AMONG YOU.”

The infiltration of the Church FROM THE BEGINNING is NOT an accident. From this infiltration, throughout the Scripture we can read repeated and continued warnings.

FOR OUR PROTECTION:-

1. God has given us a COMMAND in 1Thess.5:21; “Test ALL things; hold fast what is good.” – All things means; ALL THINGS!!!

2. In Acts 17:11 God has given us an example of the way we MUST obey His COMMAND given to us FOR OUR PROTECTION in 1 Thess.5:21.

3. In 1 John 2:26-27; We find God’s very important PROMISE:-

“These things I have written to you concerning those who try to DECEIVE you.
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you DO NOT NEED that ANYONE teach you; but as the same anointing TEACHES YOU CONCERNING ALL THINGS, and it is true, …”

SUMMARY:-
In the above scripture verses God PROMISES us:-
If we obey His COMMAND given to us for our protection in 1 Thess.5:21 in the way as it is described in Acts 17:11 the Holy Spirit will TEACH US CONCERNING ALL THINGS and we will NEVER be deceived by false teachings.

Many warnings are throughout the Scripture that the Church is INFILTRADED FROM THE BEGINNING.
Despite this infiltration, Christ has also promised:- “The gates of hell will not prevail against it.”

My question is:-
As Christians, if we believe/accept as true, any false teaching without following God’s COMMAND to “TEST ALL THINGS,” would we be held as personally responsible for our belief at God’s judgment seat?

With love in Christ,
LH

Oh, yeah, I remember you. You’re the person who comes here with fifty or so Bible citations and expects us to do exegesis for you. I’ve told you before we’re not gonna do that (and nobody has), and we’re not gonna start now.

I’ll cut to the chase: The Bible tells us

Test all things; hold fast what is good. [1Thess 5:21]

You partially cited this passage in your “final question,” which is the only part of your post that I cared to read (the rest of you post had more numbers than words, and I simply ignored it, as I’m sure most others have done).

That passage does NOT mean to go out and get your Bible and figure out if you are being told the truth. That means that you insure you hold fast to what the Catholic Church teaches.

It’s really that simple. We are not actually expected to all be Biblical or theological scholars. We are not expected to know Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek and Latin. We are not expected to know about cultural norms in ancient societies or any such things. We are not expected to have deep access to scholarly linguistic databases to help us precisely interpret ancient texts. We’re not all required to be theologians. We can be chefs or engineers or mechanics or airplane pilots. We can be good and faithful Catholics while STILL being all those things. We don’t need seminary degrees to understand our Faith.

In a short answer to your question - Yes. He has given us His ‘Word’ so we can test false teachings. There is a great example of ‘testing’ in Acts.

Acts 17:11 (NIV)

11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica,(A) for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Also:

71.2 Corinthians 1:13
For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand.

It is our duty to ‘test all things’ because I believe we will be held accountable if we don’t. And we test them according to God’s Word.

Greetings to you and Happy New Year.

My question is:-
As Christians, if we believe/accept as true, any false teaching without following God’s COMMAND to “TEST ALL THINGS,” would we be held as personally responsible for our belief at God’s judgment seat?

Shortest answer. Yes we will be held responsible.

Longer answer. Our culpability will depend to a large extent on the honesty and sincerity with which we hold a given belief. That honesty and sincerity, in order to be proper to God’s Kingdom, must flow first from Agape Love. For Christ’s principle command to us is that we Agape one another as He Agape’d us (John 13:34-35) and we know that all of God’s commands, laws and prophets are based on Agape (Mt 22:36-40).

Jesus also commanded us to take difficult disputes to the Church. Mt 18:15-18 is clear on this. “Tell it to the Church” is the command - followed by the admonishment that if one does not “listen even to the Church” they are to be shunned…put out. This very principle is clearly demonstrated in Acts 15 where the Church acts collectively to "test’ something and make a decision on what is correct.

Likewise the Bereans - held up as such fine examples - are not praised by Paul for acting alone, independent of each other or of Paul their teacher or of the universal Church. They are praised for acting in concert with each other…searching the Scriptures together and under the tutelage of St Paul - representative of the Universal Church.

So - in testing - we are not to act independently of the community which is the Universal Church. To do so is to act contrary to the explicit commands of our Lord and King Jesus Christ - and recorded by the Authority of the Holy Spirit in Scripture.

Peace
James

Jesus and His Church, the Catholic Church are One and the Same. We have the Catechism of the Catholic Church (Magisterium) to help us not to fall into believing a false teaching. Start with the Baltimore Catechism which has an easy Q&A format.

Why couldn’t you simply ask the question? No need for everything prior to that.

But you didn’t cite the very next passage (and I think I know why):

As a result, many of them believed [Acts 17:12, NIV, emphasis mine]

Many? Not all? Not most? How many is “many?” It’s usually less than “most.” “Many” is, what - maybe a third? Nobody would argue that a third of a group is “many” members of the group.

I have a strong feeling that, if the next passage had said, “they *all *believed,” or even “*most *believed,” you would have included it. I think you omitted it because you realize it undermines your argument. That type of thing is dishonest apologetics.

So it looks like it didn’t work out for those (most of the Berian Jews?) who were clearly excited by Paul’s Gospel message and “eagerly” read Scripture but rejected the truth anyways. Maybe that’s not how we’re supposed to do it.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t all need to figure it out for ourselves, but God had left us a single, united, visible source of authority led by the Holy Spirit?

Easy, take a breath, don’t get so excited! I sure didn’t deliberately leave out the next line. It’s very understandable that ‘most’ did not believe (as the way you stated it). Yes ‘many’ believed. Of course not ‘all’ believed. Not all believe today! Most people d*on’t *truly believe today! Remember:

Matthew 7:14

14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The Gospel will not be understood by those perishing.

2 Corinthians 4:3

3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

So it’s no surprise that ‘many’ understood and not ‘most’. It’s no different today! Thanks!

I am always amused when someone who makes a poor case and someone else easily refutes it accuses him of being “excited.” I was actually quite bored in composing my reply, because you make a typical sola-Scriptura argument based on a fragment of Scripture, and I make the standard Catholic reply based on the Scripture passage in context. I have probably done this here and elsewhere two or three dozen times. I almost didn’t reply to you at all, because I found it so UN-exciting (but there was nothing else more exciting going on at the time - I live a mundane life). Your argument and my response are not new - they have been cited here hundreds of times, as well as in dozens of books. Believe me, I was anything BUT excited. It is drudgery to make the same argument over and over and over, but maybe, for some person, it will be the first time they hear it. After all, I once heard it for the first time.

I sure didn’t deliberately leave out the next line. It’s very understandable that ‘most’ did not believe (as the way you stated it).

Well, that’s not the “usual” response (though not completely unfamiliar). Usually, the poster responds with something like “um, well, that’s the passage that I read in a Jack Chick comic book, and I didn’t actually read it in context.” But you dig-in and defend your citation and your lack of Biblical context: That’s bold.

Yes ‘many’ believed. Of course not ‘all’ believed. Not all believe today!

Of course! But any plain reading of the text you cited tells us (in the Word of God) that the Berian Jews were “excited” by Paul’s preaching of the Gospel. They WANTED to believe.

So, if someone (ANYONE) is EXCITED by the Gospel message (and is, thus, OPEN to the message of God), and WANTS to believe, and SEARCHES the Scriptures to SUPPORT his belief — are you telling us that that such a person can still REJECT Jesus (as (most of?) the Berian Jews did)?

YOU cited this “standard” sola-Scriptura passage. I cited the “standard” Catholic response. I gave you the opportunity to “quit the field” without admitting defeat. I was HARDLY “excited,” I just wanted you to stop embarrassing yourself. You persisted, and “dug in” with your nonsense, so you have forced me to fully expose the absurdity of your claim.

NOW I am excited. Most have already quit the field. You rise to the challenge. Can you answer my question? What else have you got?

Actually David - you did come off a bit "excited…underlining and such tends to indicate that. It may not have been your intent…but that is how I saw it too. Just sayin…

Just goes to show how differently someone can “read” a post from how another wrote it.

Like you - I’m somewhat amused by this phenomenon.

Peace
James

Tell me, Lion Heart, what exactly is your motive. All I have seen you do on the forum is post extremely long, nonsensical, and unintelligible rants, in which you cite way too many Bible verses for us to exegete. What are you trying to do?

Tell me, Lion Heart: what exactly is your motive? All I have seen you do on the forum is post extremely long, nonsensical, and unintelligible rants, in which you cite way too many Bible verses for us to exegete. What are you trying to accomplish?

We have to recognize the sin of scandal to start. I would say that the more knowledge we have, the better able we will be to do this.

Unfortunately, I don’t think the word scandal is carried very far in Christian or Catholic circles.

Greetings in Christ JamesTheJust,

I am sounding the alarm. It is time to take our faith seriously and time to start to love and to venerate the DIVINE SCRIPTURES just as we venerate the Body of the Lord (Host).
How can someone say:- I love God and at the same time NEGLECTS HIS WORD???

Quote from: ‘You Can Understand The Bible’ by Peter Kreeft pages 230, 248, 249. (Peter Kreeft is one of the best Catholic teachers and authors.)

“The mistakes of the Corinthians were mistakes of addition; the mistakes of the Galatians was subtraction. The Corinthians had polluted the gospel.

The Galatians had abandoned it for another religion, “a different gospel.” … Many religiously uneducated Catholics still believe this Galatian heresy today (Gal.1:6-9). … No mistake could be more serious. Yet as we shall see, this is the single most common mistake in the Church today.

Not a small minority but a large majority of the Catholics today not only don’t know the basic doctrines of the Catholic theology anymore, they don’t even know how to get to Heaven!

Until this unbelievable failure is remedied, it is pointless to pray to God for ecumenical peace and reunion between Christian churches.

It is not clear that one who does not even know how to get to Heaven can accurately be called a Christian.

I am not suggesting, as many Protestant Fundamentalists do, that most Catholics are not saved.

But I am suggesting that perhaps most will be saved as good pagans, as “anonymous Christians” rather than as Catholic Christians.” End quote.

The Catholic Encyclopedia declares the same thing, but not in the same diplomatic manner as Peter Kreeft.

Quote: THE CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA
“Pointing to several texts of the Bible (Matthew 7:14; 22:14) and to sayings of great spiritual doctors, the rigorists defend as probable the thesis that not only most Christians but also most Catholics are doomed to eternal damnation.” End quote.

Quote: The Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn Page 48
One of the great Scripture scholars of the early church, Origen (third century), urged Christians TO RESPECT CHRIST’S PRESENTS IN THE GOSPEL as they RESPECT HIS PRESENCE IN THE HOST.

“You who are accustomed to take part in the divine mysteries know, when you receive the body of the Lord, how you protect it with all caution and veneration lest any small part fall from it, lest anything of the consecrated gift be lost.
For you believe, and correctly, that you are answerable if anything falls from there by neglect.

But if you are so careful to preserve His body, and rightly so, HOW DO YOU THINK THAT THERE IS LESS GUILT TO HAVE NEGLECTED GOD’S WORD THAT TO HAVE NEGLECTED HIS BODY?” End quote.

It is common knowledge among Christians that we Catholics are far the most Bible illiterates among all Christian groups.
WE ARE GUILTY OF NEGLECTING THE WORD OF GOD, this is one of the major reasons of our problems.
As we see above, our situation in the Catholic Church is most critical. It is time to take our faith seriously.

Quote: CATHOLIC SENSIBILITY, DEI VERBUM 21

The Church has always VENERATED the divine Scriptures JUST AS she VENERATED the body of the Lord, since, especially in the sacred liturgy, she unceasingly receives and offers to the faithful THE BREAD OF LIFE from the table of BOTH of GOD’S WORD and of CHRIST’S BODY.

For in the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven meets His children with great love and speaks with them; and THE FORCE AND POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD IS SO GREAT THAT IT IS STANDS AS THE SUPPORT AND ENERGY OF THE CHURCH, THE STRINGS OF FAITH for Her (children), THE FOOD OF THE SOUL, THE PURE AND EVERLASTING SOURCE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE.

“For the WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE” (Hebr.4:12) and it HAS THE POWER TO BUILD YOU UP and give you your heritage among all those who are sanctified. (Acts 20:32) End quote.

THE SCRIPTURES are referred to as the “BREAD OF LIFE” in direct association with a reference to the Eucharist.
Please see: John 1:1; Matt.4:4; Luke 4:4.

We have access and we are able to eat the “BREAD OF LIFE” in TWO ways: The Church offers the faithful the bread of life FROM THE EUCHARISTIC table of BOTH of GOD’S WORD and CHRIST’S BODY.

When in faith, we are READING or HEARING the Word of God we consuming the BREAD OF LIFE, in which He (Jesus), Himself is consumed and we unite ourselves to Christ.

With love in Christ,
LH

Okay, your mission to educate poorly catechized Catholics is perfectly noble. But the way to do that is NOT to post incoherent rants filled with plethoras of citations and quotes from Scripture, Church documents, and books.

You have informed me that is NOT the way to educate poorly catechized Catholics to quote from Scripture, Church documents and books.
You didn’t tell me what is THE WAY to educate poorly catechized Catholics?

Until you tell me better ways to educate poorly catechized Catholics, I believe there are two ways this could be done:-

1. Follow Christ’s EXAMPLE and WARN EVERYONE that the Catholic Church is INFILTRADED by Satan’s “undercover agents” in sheep’s clothing from the beginning, described REPEATEDLY throughout the Scriptures.

OUR FIRST PROTECTION not to be victims of their destructive works:- KNOWLEDGE of the Word of God.

1. OUR SECOND PROTECTION not to be victims of their destructive works:-
    To obey God’s COMMAND GIVEN TO US FOR OUR PROTECTION described in 1 Thess.5:21. “TEST ALL THINGS; hold fast what is good.”

In Acts 17:11 God has also given us an example of the way we MUST OBEY HIS COMMAND. “… Receive the word (teaching) with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.”

In 1 John 2:26-27; We find God’s very important PROMISE:-

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you DO NOT NEED that ANYONE teach you; but as the same anointing TEACHES YOU CONCERNING ALL THINGS, and it is true, …”

If we obey His COMMAND given to us for our protection in 1 Thess.5:21 in the way as it is described in Acts 17:11 the Holy Spirit will TEACH US CONCERNING ALL THINGS and we will NEVER be deceived by false doctrines.

We don’t have to be spiritual geniuses to know, if God didn’t give us the mental ability to understand His Word and with the aid of the Holy Spirit to TEACH US CONCERNING ALL THINGS we could never obey the above COMMANDS of God and we could NEVER distinguish between true doctrines and the doctrines of “our uninvited guests.” – 2 Cor.11:13-15; 2 Pet.2:1-3.

John 12:48 is also POSITIVE PROOF that God has given us the mental ability to understand His Word and with the aid of the Holy Spirit to teach us CONCERNING ALL THINGS. Otherwise a just God COULD NOT judge us about what is written in the Scriptures.

1 Cor.2:12-13, 15-16; John 14:17, 26; John 16:13-15 are also POSITIVE PROOFS that Bible study is NEVER a one person job but two.

The person who studies the Word of God and the Holy Spirit who teaches those (CONCERNING ALL THINGS) who study the Word of God.

Many warnings throughout the Scripture that the Church is INFILTRADED FROM THE BEGINNING.
Despite this infiltration, Christ has also promised:- “The gates of hell will not prevail against it.”

WITH THE FOLLOWING QUOTE I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO STUDY THE WORD OF GOD:-

Quote: CATHOLIC SENSIBILITY, DEI VERBUM 21
The Church has always VENERATED the divine Scriptures JUST AS she VENERATED the body of the Lord, since, especially in the sacred liturgy, she unceasingly receives and offers to the faithful THE BREAD OF LIFE from the table of BOTH of GOD’S WORD and of CHRIST’S BODY.

For in the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven meets His children with great love and speaks with them; and THE FORCE AND POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD IS SO GREAT THAT IT STANDS AS THE SUPPORT AND ENERGY OF THE CHURCH, THE STRINGS OF FAITH for Her (children), THE FOOD OF THE SOUL, THE PURE AND EVERLASTING SOURCE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE.

“For the WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE” (Hebr.4:12) and it HAS THE POWER TO BUILD YOU UP and give you your heritage among all those who are sanctified. (Acts 20:32) End quote.

THE SCRIPTURES are referred to as the “BREAD OF LIFE” in direct association with a reference to the Eucharist.

We have access and we are able to eat the “BREAD OF LIFE” in TWO ways: The Church offers the faithful the bread of life FROM THE EUCHARISTIC table of BOTH of GOD’S WORD and CHRIST’S BODY.

When in faith, we are READING or HEARING the Word of God we are consuming the BREAD OF LIFE, in which He (Jesus), Himself is consumed and we unite ourselves to Christ.

With love in Christ,
LH

I often wonder when that time comes that the bible talks about, where even the elect will be fooled, how many christians will be smart enough to get up and walk out, and recognize what is taking place?..We know this time will come, but I have a sneaky feeling it will be done soooo slowly and sooo detailed, I could see NOT ONE person seeing what is happening. After all the powers that will attempt this deceit are not stupid, and are much smarter than man, so I just have a feeling, they will have all their 'i’s dotted and 't’s crossed, to a degree, that hardly any living person will be able to recognize it.

Talk to them. Befriend them. Pray for them. DON’T Bible-bash them.

Until you tell me better ways to educate poorly catechized Catholics, I believe there are two ways this could be done:-

1. Follow Christ’s EXAMPLE and WARN EVERYONE that the Catholic Church is INFILTRADED by Satan’s “undercover agents” in sheep’s clothing from the beginning, described REPEATEDLY throughout the Scriptures.

OUR FIRST PROTECTION not to be victims of their destructive works:- KNOWLEDGE of the Word of God.

Christ’s Church has not been infiltrated, nor has she ever erred in her teachings on faith or morals. The gates of Hell shall never prevail against her. Are you a sedevacantist? Or perhaps you’re affiliated with the SSPX or SSPV?

1. OUR SECOND PROTECTION not to be victims of their destructive works:-
    To obey God’s COMMAND GIVEN TO US FOR OUR PROTECTION described in 1 Thess.5:21. “TEST ALL THINGS; hold fast what is good.”

So you have divinely given authority to test all things? No, you don’t. The Church does.

In Acts 17:11 God has also given us an example of the way we MUST OBEY HIS COMMAND. “… Receive the word (teaching) with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.”

socrates58.blogspot.com/2010/04/thoughts-on-bereans-and-searching.html?m=1

In 1 John 2:26-27; We find God’s very important PROMISE:-

St John was a Bishop. A Bishop in the Catholic Church. He was using his authority as Bishop to correct heresies that may have been taught to his letter’s recipients. It is the hierarchical Church that defines truth, not the laity.

If we obey His COMMAND given to us for our protection in 1 Thess.5:21 in the way as it is described in Acts 17:11 the Holy Spirit will TEACH US CONCERNING ALL THINGS and we will NEVER be deceived by false doctrines.

Does the Holy Spirit teach 40,000 different truths? Our separated brethren already tried this technique, friend, and they failed.

We don’t have to be spiritual geniuses to know, if God didn’t give us the mental ability to understand His Word and with the aid of the Holy Spirit to TEACH US CONCERNING ALL THINGS we could never obey the above COMMANDS of God and we could NEVER distinguish between true doctrines and the doctrines of “our uninvited guests.” – 2 Cor.11:13-15; 2 Pet.2:1-3.

In Christ’s time, and up until about 1400 years later, very few could read. How could everyone have understood Scripture if they couldn’t read it?

Paul and Peter were leaders of the Church! That’s how they had the authority to call out false teachers. You, however, don’t have that authority.

The person who studies the Word of God and the Holy Spirit who teaches those (CONCERNING ALL THINGS) who study the Word of God.

Again, illiteracy was extremely common.

Many warnings throughout the Scripture that the Church is INFILTRADED FROM THE BEGINNING.

Exactly! The Church will never teach heresy.

John 1:1 says nothing about bread, and the Word about which he talks is Christ, not Scripture. Were all things created through Scripture? (cf. Ibid. 1:14) :rolleyes:

Matthew 4:4 actually contrasts Scripture with bread. Same with Luke 4:4.

1. I agree. Thanks

2. You have stated:- Christ’s Church has not been infiltrated.

IN THAT CASE:- Your above statement is a mistake, or the following Bible verses are God’s mistakes.

Christ has a VERY IMPORTANT teaching in Matt.13:24-30, 36-43 and we find related teachings throughout the Scripture.

FOR EXAMPLE:-
Acts 20:29-32; Matt.7:15-16; Matt.24:4, 11, 24; 2 Cor.11:13-15; 1 Tim.4:1-3; 2 Pet.2:1-3; Jude 4.

Acts 20:29-32; “ … After My departure savage wolves will come in AMONG you … to draw away the disciples after themselves.”

Matt.7:15-16; “Beware of false prophets, who come to you IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.”

Matt.24:4, 11, 24; “And Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you. … many false prophets will rise up and DECEIVE MANY … so as to DECEIVE, if possible, even the ELECT.”

2 Cor.11:13-15; “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, TRANSFORMING THEMSELVES into apostles of Christ.”

2 Pet.2:1-3; “But there WERE also false prophets among the people, even as there WILL BE false teachers AMONG YOU, who will SECRETLY bring in destructive HERESIES, … and MANY will follow their destructive ways.”

Jude 4; “Certain people have SECRETLY INFILTRATED AMONG YOU.”

The infiltration of the Church FROM THE BEGINNING is NOT an accident. From this infiltration, throughout the Scripture we can read REPEATED and CONTINUED warnings.

I’m not a sedevacantist and I have never affiliated with the SSPX or SSPV.

In fact I believe, the sedevacentists claim that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon, is the greatest display of their ignorance.
If they would study Christ’s teaching described in Matt.13:24-30, 36-43 they would know the identity of the Whore of Babylon.

Continued on the next post

Continuation

1. For our protection we all have a DIVINELY GIVEN COMMAND to test all thing. 1 Thess.5:21 + Acts 17:11 + 1 John 2:26-27.
    This is NOT a suggestion from God but a COMMAND OF GOD for every Christian!!!

The Catholic Church has THE best doctrines of salvation. We even can say concerning our doctrines of salvation, we have the fullness of the truth.
Yet many – many Catholics believe some form of a “do it yourself salvation” described in Gal. 1:6-9. For what reason???

The Church doing her duty:- Teaching the fullness of the truth about salvation.

Our “uninvited guests/darnel (Matt.13:24-30, 36-43)” are doing their duty:- Teaching lies/false doctrines about salvation. – 2 Pet.2:1-3.

We should be doing our duty:- Obey God’s COMMAND as described in 1 Thess.5:21 + Acts 17:11 + 1John 2:26-27.

Allowing us the ability to distinguish between the Church’s doctrines and the false doctrines of the false apostles. (2 Cor.11:13-15; 2 Pet.2:1-3)

REFER TO MATTHEW 13:24-30, 36-43; 2 Cor.11:13-15; 2 Pet.2:1-3:-
The false apostles will be among us UNTIL the harvest.

1. Please see the answer above.

2. ONLY GOD IS THE JUDGE OF THAT!!!

3. Please study Matt.13:24-30, 36-43.
    “He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’

But He said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the darnels you also uproot the wheat with them.
‘Let both grow together until the harvest, and at that time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the darnels and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” End quote.

As you see JamesTheJust, Satan’s “undercover agents” stay with us until the harvest. But this is NOT the worst news.

The worst news is:- At the end the situation will be more destructive.
“For false christs and false prophets will arise … so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.” Please see: Matt.24:4-5, 11, 24; 2 Thess.2:4-12; 1 Tim.4:1-3.

1. There is no illiteracy today. Only Bible illiteracy, mostly among us Catholics. It is common knowledge, that we are far the most Bible illiterates among all Christians.

2. Quote: Exactly! The Church never teach heresy.

It is not what the Church teaches that we have to worry about.
2 Pet.2:1-3; “But there were also FALSE PROPHETS AMONG THE PEOPLE, even as there will be FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU, who will SECRETLY bring in destructive heresies, … And many will follow their destructive ways, …”

If we don’t obey God’s command given to us for our protection in 1 Thess.5:21 + Acts 17:11 + 1 John 2:26-27 then we are not able to distinguish between Church teaching and the teaching of “our uninvited guests.” Their identity is REPEATEDLY described throughout the Scripture.

1. Quote: CATHOLIC SENSIBILITY, DEI VERBUM 21

For in the sacred books, the Father who is in heaven meets His children with great love and speaks with them; and THE FORCE AND POWER IN THE WORD OF GOD IS SO GREAT THAT IT STANDS AS THE SUPPORT AND ENERGY OF THE CHURCH, THE STRINGS OF FAITH for Her (children), THE FOOD OF THE SOUL, THE PURE AND EVERLASTING SOURCE OF SPIRITUAL LIFE.

THE WORD OF GOD referred to as the “BREAD OF LIFE” in direct association with a reference to the Eucharist.

When in faith, we are READING or HEARING the Word of God we are consuming the BREAD OF LIFE, in which He (Jesus), Himself is consumed and we unite ourselves to Christ.

[CCC 108]; Still, the Christian faith is not a “religion of the book.”
Christianity is a religion of the “Word” of God, “not a written and mute word, but incarnate and living.”
If the Scriptures are not remain a dead letter, Christ, the eternal Word of the living God, must, through the Holy Spirit, “open [our] minds to understand the Scriptures.”

Luke 24:45 also states:- “He then opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.”

THE SPIRITUAL POSITION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST:-
Every Born Again Christian is on the spiritual position of the Body of Christ.

Every Born Again Christian, by relying on the teaching of the Holy Spirit able to understand the Word of God. – John 14:17, 26; John 16:13-15; 1 John 2:26-27.

The spiritual position of the Body of Christ is described in 1 Cor.2:12-13, 15-16. Please see also: 1 John 2:26-27.

• Understand the teachings of the Holy Spirit.

• Able to judge the value of everything.

• Have the mind of Christ.

As we see above:- Every Born Again Christian with the aid of the Holy Spirit able to understand the Word of God.

It is absolutely unthinkable that God didn’t open the minds of His children to understand His Word and didn’t give His children the aid of the Holy Spirit to teach them all things, because if not, His Word could never build His children up and his word would remain dead words for His children.

The origin of the teaching that God’s children are not able to understand the Word of their Father is described in 2 Pet.2:1-3. – Secretly brought in destructive heresy. Serve only the interests of our “uninvited guests.”

With love in Christ,
LH.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.