What is required to get our grandchild baptized?

I live in Texas and have a Order in Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship, Joint Managing Conservatorship of my 2 1/2 year old grandson. He has not been baptised and we are attempting to do so but was informed we had to have letters from the parents who do not have custody of him or provide any support to him. The Order states we have during "periods of possesion" the "right to direct the moral and religiuos training of the child." It further states we have the "exculsive right to designate the primary residence of the child within Tarrant and contiguous counties" and "the independent right to make decisions concerning the child's education" In my research of Canon Law I found: "Can. 868 §1. For an infant to be baptized licitly:
1/ the parents or at least one of them or the person who legitimately takes their place must consent;
2/ there must be a founded hope that the infant will be brought up in the Catholic religion; if such hope is altogether lacking, the baptism is to be delayed according to the prescripts of particular law after the parents have been advised about the reason."
Sorry for text but our question is "Do we have to have a letter from the non-catholic mother and non-practicing Catholic father, my son?" We think we are within our rights. Any advice would be apprecaited. Tom

The following link should help answer your question about the baptism of your grandchild. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

How can I get my grandson baptized?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.