What is sensuality?

Mark 7:22, Romans 13:13, Galatians 5:19, 2 Peter 2:2,… says sensuality is a sin, but why would sensuality be a sin? Im sure most on this forum watch tv and watching tv is sensuality. But there are two definitions of sensuality on thefreedictionary.com :
1. The quality or state of being sensual or lascivious.
2. Excessive devotion to sensual pleasure
I believe that the second definition is the one that is sinful not first.
I believe that sensuality is when the sensual pleasures becomes a leading force in your life the one you concentrate most on, the one you love most. I believe that the first definiton describes what is common and that is enjoying life and your senses because i believe that they are His gift to us. So i believe that the first definiton is ok and the second definiton is sinful and the one that was thought in the bible as sinful. But what do you think? Am i right here?

I think over indulging is sensual gratification is unhealthy God wants us to be healthy and balanced. The Bible is chock-full of good advise on how to achieve this harmony, both personally, and in relationship with others.

sen·su·al·i·ty
/ˌsenSHo͞oˈalitē/
Noun
The enjoyment, expression, or pursuit of physical, esp. sexual, pleasure.
The condition of being pleasing or fulfilling to the senses: “life can dazzle with its sensuality, its color”.

(Taken from Google)

There is nothing sinful about either of these things. Seeking physical pleasure is fine, so long as it done between a husband and wife within the confines of the marriage. It’s when you start seeking it outside of the marital bond that it become sinful.

And of course, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying the senses, God gave them to us for a reason. As with all things, it is how we enjoy them that determines if we are being sinful or not.

What you’re describing is lust, not sensuality. Lust is sinful, sensuality is not.

As I said in your other topic, I really feel that you should seek counsel from a priest, you seem to suffer from scrupulosity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.