What is status of the these holy orders?

What is the status of the holy orders is these groups?

SSPX,

Old Catholic,

Polish National Catholic,

And the Society of St. Timothy.

There have been a few posters here lately from the Society of St. Timothy that claims no communion with Rome, but valid orders through Apostolic Succession.

Are they valid?

Peace

…and if anyone knows anything, I’m still looking for information on Fraternite Notre Dame (besides their own websites and press releases, that is.)

[quote=dennisknapp]What is the status of the holy orders is these groups?

SSPX,

Old Catholic,

There have been a few posters here lately from the Society of St. Timothy that claims no communion with Rome, but valid orders through Apostolic Succession.

Are they valid?

Peace
[/quote]

Any takers?

Peace

[quote=dennisknapp]What is the status of the holy orders is these groups?

SSPX,

Old Catholic,

Are they valid?

Peace
[/quote]

I’ll only be speaking about SSPX and Polish National. In the SSPX, the Vatican has excommunicated the bishops who were involved in the illegal episcopal ordinations of 1988. However, although the ordinations are illicit, they are nonetheless valid. Therefore, I believe that Apostolic Succession is still applicable to SSPX.

I know for a fact that the Polish National Catholics and the Vatican acknowledge each other’s communion; ie, the Vatican does not object to a Polish National Catholic receiving communion in a normal Catholic Church, and vice versa.

Hope this helps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.