What is the Baptist view????

Wanting to know what you guys think the Baptist,Protestant,Evangilistic. view is since I have seen diff views.

View of what?

View on salvation, and what you have to do to become saved and be approved unto God to enter his kingdom.

Do you believe, as a Baptist, that once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior it is impossible for you to sin again (“Once Saved, Always Saved”)?

Once we are saved yes of course we sin again. Thats why in my original response I said we have to ask for forgiveness when I fail. Fall short.

Do you believe that once you accept Jesus, it is possible to lose your salvation?

And how did i know you were going to ask that? LOL.The first ques was what is the Baptist view answer that first.No I dont believe you can loose it. If by works I cant gain it and only by Gods grace and mercy was it gained for me once I believed it and accepted it to give up me. At what point by the works of my sin do I loose it?? Isnt our Christ bigger and stronger than my sin that he took on the cross? That is what the Holy Spirit does for me. Tells me to repent and ask for forgiveness so I do. If you arnt moved or bothered when you sin I dont believe you are truly saved.

So again I ask What is the Baptist view? I see you are trying your hardest to turn the question on what are my beliefs?Answer my question please.

[quote=seetiger33]And how did i know you were going to ask that? LOL.The first ques was what is the Baptist view answer that first.No I dont believe you can loose it. If by works I cant gain it and only by Gods grace and mercy was it gained for me once I believed it and accepted it to give up me. At what point by the works of my sin do I loose it?? Isnt our Christ bigger and stronger than my sin that he took on the cross? That is what the Holy Spirit does for me. Tells me to repent and ask for forgiveness so I do. If you arnt moved or bothered when you sin I dont believe you are truly saved.
[/quote]

I think that in one of pauls letters he said that you can lose it.
I will look for the verse.

How do evangelicals interpret what Jesus says here…
Matthew 25:31-46

I interpret it as saying that unless you have works, of course coming out of your faith, but none the less works, you will not go to heaven. Not religious works but works of Gods will.

[quote=seetiger33]So again I ask What is the Baptist view? I see you are trying your hardest to turn the question on what are my beliefs?Answer my question please.
[/quote]

Are you asking us what your views on salvation are?

I don’t know. Why don’t you tell us.

BTW if you can’t lose your salvation, why do you feel the need to ask for forgiveness?

Well im seeing alot of comments on the BAPTIST VIEW but im not seeing what you think is the Baptist view? So what is it? Or do you really know. If you think all Baptist think you have a public confession , be Baptized by water your wrong. Man on cross was washed in the blood when he asked Christ to remember him. All he did was believe Christ was son of God and asked for forgiveness. Guess what he was forgiven and remebered into Christ kingdom as he said.

[quote=seetiger33]So again I ask What is the Baptist view? I see you are trying your hardest to turn the question on what are my beliefs?Answer my question please.
[/quote]

I misunderstood your question then. I thought you wanted us to ask the Baptist view.

K i found the verse i was looking for.

Rom11:22

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

and MAthew 25:31 here is a link.

blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/tools/printer-friendly.pl?book=Mat&chapter=25&version=nas&Go.x=21&Go.y=13

I am sure you have read it but it seems to indicate that what Jesus is really interested in more than anything else is if we lived a life of charity or the will of his Father.

[quote=seetiger33]Well im seeing alot of comments on the BAPTIST VIEW but im not seeing what you think is the Baptist view?
[/quote]

seetiger33,

This is almost an impossible question to answer. There are so many different kinds of ‘Baptist’ and they don’t even agree amongst themselves. How do I know? I was Southern Baptist for 35 years before converting to Catholicism. As an example, there are:

American Baptists
Born Again Baptists
First Baptists
Southern Baptists
and on and on and on…

The path that we used to salvation was called the “Roman Road” and included passages from Romans to back up our claims. The main things that we needed to do was to: 1) admit that you’re a sinner and you can’t change that without God’s help, 2) repent from your sins by asking God’s forgiveness and inviting him to come into your life/heart and be your Savior, 3) make a public profession of faith…usually by going down front to speak with the pastor during the altar call, and 4) as a symbol of your new life in Christ, be baptized…it was not enforced though, but I never knew anyone who declined to be baptized in our church.

Again, this may be nothing like your version of Baptist. Why do you ask?

Lisa

[quote=seetiger33]And how did i know you were going to ask that? LOL.The first ques was what is the Baptist view answer that first.No I dont believe you can loose it. If by works I cant gain it and only by Gods grace and mercy was it gained for me once I believed it and accepted it to give up me. At what point by the works of my sin do I loose it?? Isnt our Christ bigger and stronger than my sin that he took on the cross? That is what the Holy Spirit does for me. Tells me to repent and ask for forgiveness so I do. If you arnt moved or bothered when you sin I dont believe you are truly saved.
[/quote]

probably not… in the sense you are asking.

We are all saved only because of His death… and his Resurrection !!

But the gift of free will is also a necessity for our salvation.

Only with a well-formed conscience can we make that correct choice, daily, to pick our cross(es) and follow Him. At any time we can reject our inheiritance…

So no, the Catholic will not believe the false teaching of once saved always saved. We must cooperate, not just once, but daily and continually with Jesus…that is His plan given to us through His Church. I don’t believe that is the Baptist plan.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.