What is the Catholic view of John the Baptist in relation to other humans?

I know Mary is viewed as being sinless/Immaculatly Conceived, and exalted higher than all humans, but what about John the Baptist? Wasn’t the Spirit of the Lord upon him from the moment he was conceived? He was predestined for a very special purpose also. He was the light the way for the coming Messiah. He even sensed Jesus in Mary and leaped when he felt him! So, why is he not talked about much? It would seem he’d have a very high place in the kingdom also. Thanks. I’m growing closer to becoming Catholic!

Christ said he was a great man, but as far as I know nothing in Tradition says he was sinless.

You have got to get yourself a Catholic calendar!

catholic.org/saints/calendar/june.php

Catholics honor the saints.

Saint John also!

24th of June was the celebration of three masses:
the first, in the dead of night, recalled his mission of Precursor; the second, at daybreak, commemorated the baptism he conferred;
and the third, at the hour of Terce, honoured his sanctity.

The whole liturgy of the day, repeatedly enriched by the additions of several popes, was in suggestiveness and beauty on a part with the liturgy of Christmas.

So sacred was St. John’s day deemed that two rival armies, meeting face to face on 23 June, by common accord put off the battle until the morrow of the feast (Battle of Fontenay, 841).
“Joy, which is the characteristic of the day, radiated from the sacred precincts. The lovely summer nights, at St. John’s tide, gave free scope to popular display of lively faith among various nationalities.
Scarce had the last rays of the setting sun died away when, all the world over, immense columns of flame arose from every mountain-top, and in an instant, every town, and village, and hamlet was lighted up” (Guéranger). The custom of the “St. John’s fires”, whatever its origin, has, in certain regions, endured unto this day.

For more:
New Advent
newadvent.org/cathen/08486b.htm

Did you know John’s father was a priest?
Did you know that his mother Elizabeth was of the daughters of Aaron", according to St. Luke (1:5) and cousin to Mary the mother of our Lord?

Aaron,Moses brother, the Levite High priest. Do you remember what God told Moses?

Exodus 40

13"You shall put the holy garments on Aaron and anoint him and consecrate him, that he may minister as a priest to Me.

14"You shall bring his sons and put tunics on them;

15and you shall anoint them even as you have anointed their father, that they may minister as priests to Me; and their anointing will qualify them for a perpetual priesthood throughout their generations."

That means Saint John the Baptist was also a priest who anointed our new King Jesus!

The Holy Spirit came upon him and sanctified him in Elizabeth’s womb at the Visitation (when Mary visits Elizabeth), not at conception.

Of course he is honored and talked about.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.