What is the content of the Gospel?

Lay people are supposed to evangelize, or share the Gospel.

What is the basic content of the Gospel?

[quote=dcdurel]Lay people are supposed to evangelize, or share the Gospel.

[/quote]

-Distinguish yourself from the everyday attitude/secular lifestyle (ie salt/light of the earth).

-Know enough about the Gospel that you could respond to basic questions.

-Frequent Confession & Eucharist

-Remember “not my will, but Thy will be done”

As far as going up to some random pedestrian and cracking open the Bible, I dont know how to approach that situation.

[/quote]

The Kingly Rule of God, preached by Jesus, and manifested in Him - which is why He said, “Repent and believe the Good News”.

He preaches it, it is revealed in Him, fulfilled in Him, & goes out from Him to include all mankind; and not the Jews alone. And He makes possible what that preaching requires, which is why He is “the Way”. Everything else is because of the Kingly Rule/Reign/Kingdom/Kingship of God. Which is exercised by Jesus, first in a hidden way, in mystery and obscurity, on earth; then gloriously in Heaven

AFAICS :slight_smile: ##

That’s a wonderful question to ask :slight_smile: ##

1. The Ten Commandments

2. The Apostle’s Creed

3. The Beatitudes

4. The Our Father

If you can become serious about living and adept at explaining the above with the mind of the Church, you can share the Good News.

[/quote]

The basic meaning is, love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and to love your neighbor as yourself. Salvation and justification are processes whereby you become perfected in the image of Christ. As St. Francis said, “preach the gospel always, and when necisary use words.”

St Paul sums it up well in 1 Cor 15. He says (I’m paraphrasing) Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, He was buried, He was raised and appeared to Peter, James, the 12, and last of all He appeared to me. (Paul). I do also agree with a lot of what was said in the previous posts as well.

[/quote]

Jesus Christ!

[/quote]

God became human in Jesus Christ so that we might become divine. By death he destroyed the power of death so that we might share in His eternal life. He invites us to place our whole trust in His grace and love, and allow the Holy Spirit to transform us, and through us the whole creation.

The good news : that man can live forever because of God’s salvation through Jesus’s cross.

This salvation is based on the forgiveness of sins.

[quote=francisca]The good news : that man can live forever because of God’s salvation through Jesus’s cross.

This salvation is based on the forgiveness of sins.
[/quote]

And don’t forget the bad news of the Gospel, which is unfortunately necessary much of the time: we are sinners in rebellion against God. In times past people knew that already.

• Liberian

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.