What is the difference between correction and judgement?

What is the difference between offering correction/advice to someone you see going down the wrong path and being judgemental? I think that if you talk to someone you care about about concerns you have with their choices that may be leading them away from God; that would be correction. I think we have a Christian duty to stand up for what is right and call people to something better, instead of silently watching others on their way to hell. I see judgement as thinking you are better than them and basically condemning them to hell. I think today everyone is too politically correct and thinks we should never say anything about anyone else’s behavior. I don’t know if that is really loving someone to be silent about their sin.

John 8 Jesus didn’t condemn the adulteress but he did command her to stop sinning.

Ezekiel 3: 8-21 God will hold us accountable for those we didn’t warn of their wicked ways

What are your thoughts?

The following link should assist you in better understanding what it means to truly judge a person. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
Can Catholics judge others?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.