What is the difference between the preists' and the bishops' vestments and the significance of each of those vestments?

The catechumen I’m preparing towards reception by easter posed this question to me and very much hope to learn somethings beyond the regular.

The question is what does the priest wear and what does the bishop wear that’s different? And the significance of each of those vestments like the alb, amice, cincture, etc.

This link may help with what you are looking for.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/303844652_A_STUDY_OF_THE_LITURGICAL_AND_NON_-LITURGICAL_VESTMENTS_WORN_BY_CATHOLIC_CHRISTIAN_PRIESTS

1 Like

Thank you @Elizabeth3 you’ve just made things a lot easier and faster for me. May the grace of our Lord always be with you

You’re welcome. May the grace of Lord always be with you too and may he bless your efforts with your catechumen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.