What is the difference between worldly people and Godly people?

My dear friend

Worldly people live outside of reality.

Godly people live in reality.

God bless you and pray for me please:thumbsup::)

John

[quote="JRKH, post:20, topic:184708"]
I believe that St Paul says somewhere that Christians should be "in the world" but not "of the world".

Christ told us not to seek after the things of the world, but rather to seek first the Kingdom of God, and anything else we need will be given to us by our Loving Father.

In actual truth most of us, struggling to grow in Holiness, linger somewhere in between the world of the flesh and the world of the Spirit. We seek after His kingdom in our lives, but then become entangled in the day to day problems of living. The world forces many compromises on us and if can be difficult sometimes to distinguish what is truly right and Holy and what is less so.

The biggest difference between being "worldly" and being "Godly" is one's "worldview".

Does one see physical world as more "real" than the spiritual world? Or does on see the Spiritual world as more "real" than the physical.
Are you a human with a soul or a Soul inside a human form?

Yes in a very real sense there ARE two races of people - and only two. Each "racing" toward theif final destination. One group Racing toward Heaven, the other - - Not.

Peace
James

[/quote]

God works through everyone even atheists... I have realized this today when I was thinking about why the Catholic/Muslim threads here on CAF always end up in nasty fights... It's because everyone is always trying to convert everyone, and the Catholics are afraid of the Muslims.

Why not learn from the Atheists and forget about our views on the afterlife for a minute, then we can use Charity as a medium..? Yes, if the Catholics and Muslims could work together for the good of the poor, and NOT have preconceived intentions on converting -- we could all learn to appreciate the one thing we DO have in common -- our lives here together on earth. :)

My point is that we are all brothers and sisters of the human race, and God is the Father of all of us..! Yes it is true that some of our bretherin are blind to the truth, but we are still responsible for their welfare. We should not consider ourselves blessed while they are damned. We should act like Saints and love not simply those who love us, but we need to love and pray for even our enemies...

[quote="John_Russell_Jr, post:21, topic:184708"]
My dear friend

Worldly people live outside of reality.

Godly people live in reality.

God bless you and pray for me please:thumbsup::)

John

[/quote]

Yes I will pray for you...I will pray for everyone! :signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.