What is the difference between?

Something satanic and something sinful

1 Like

Where there is , satan ,there is sin and where there is satan there is sin

1 John 3:8 Everyone who commits sin is a child of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God was revealed for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

0 Likes

John 8

39 They answered and said to him, “Our father is Abraham.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works of Abraham. 40 But now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God; Abraham did not do this. 41 You are doing the works of your father!”

[So] they said to him, “We are not illegitimate. We have one Father, God.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and am here; I did not come on my own, but he sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You belong to your father the devil and you willingly carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.a 45 But because I speak the truth, you do not believe me.

1 Like

There are three sources of temptation: the world, the flesh, and the devil.

The devil is not the source of sin except insofar as he is the source of temptation. We can always, with God’s help, resist temptation or we can fall into temptation and commit the sin.

We seem to use the word satanic to describe an act which we consider especially heinous rather than related to the devil.

3 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.