What is the greatest rock album of all time?

i would have done a poll but i dont know the names of a lot of the albums i like.. just what the cover looks like.. and don't even know all of those..

but in any case..

i like Yes 90125

and that one by Genesis.. the one with the yellow blocks.. :o on the cover..

and there are others but i need help in having my memory refreshed... :hypno::hmmm::coffeeread:

Sargent Pepper was the greatest rock album of all time.

Ger

No question: Oasis, "Definitely, Maybe." :thumbsup:

Runner-up: Beach Boys, "Smile"

Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti
Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy
Led Zeppelin IV

The Who Who's Next

Yes Yessongs

Aerosmith Toys in the Attic

ZZ Top Tres Hombres

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon

The Doors

Foghat

ELO Face the Music

The Moody Blues Days of Future Past

[quote="steboyz, post:2, topic:203604"]

Ger

[/quote]

yep, pretty much.

ones I still play or from which I have downloaded the most songs
Sgt Pepper
Creeque Alley (Mamas & Papas)
Who My Generation
Clapton Unplugged
Bob Seeger Against the Wind
1700 Album PP&M

Yep, Sergeant Pepper. I also loved OK Computer by Radiohead and El Espirtu del Vino by Heroes del Silencio a band from Spain.

Ger

[/quote]

From the Beatles catalogue, I'd say I like Revolver better but that's just my personal preference. :thumbsup:
I also rate London Calling by the Clash and for the more recent ones, Nevermind by Nirvana and Kid A by Radiohead. I forgot to mention Village Green Preservation Society by the Kinks which I prefer over Sgt. Pepper.

Raw Power by Iggy & The Stooges is the best Rock and Roll album ever.

Bat Outta Hell is pretty awesome.

[quote="Marc_Anthony, post:10, topic:203604"]
Bat Outta Hell is pretty awesome.

[/quote]

This is my pick, although I'm torn between this and Sgt. Pepper. We still play both.

Ger

[/quote]

That was the first one I thought of, although I prefer Abbey Road.

wow... i knew i was somewhat clue-less about rock music... what album has this or that music on it and all.. but this thread really makes me wonder..

haven't even HEARD of 1/2 of this stuff.. :confused:

of course, i've been "out of the loop" for a long time ... since i started getting into Jesus...

so i guess that explains things..

i haven't heard all of Dark side of the Moon... but like what i've heard..

stil i probably won't try to get it... cuz they are supposed to be anti Catholic...

kinda dumb for celebrities to be out there w/ their prejudices... bad for business... :shrug:

Electric Ladyland followed by Highway 61 revisited followed by Blue Valentine (although whether that last one is rock or not is debatable)

I agree with the poster who prefered Revolver to Sergeant Pepper as I think the former is more genuinely adventurous and stands the test of time better than the Latter.

it would probably be easier to list what i DON'T like..

AC/DC

some of Led Zep's hard stuff..

The Rolling Stones... although they do have a few songs i like... Emotional Rescue... Missing You...

not crazy about Van Halen.. That Roth guy seemed to be a real PAGAN...

hmmm... can't recall others... been a long time since i liistened to rock on a regular basis... but thanks for the contributions... Now if i could find a good record store... and sample some of this...

or is there a web site where you can do that/?? :)

Radiohead - Ok Computer :)

Top 5...as in most important and influential. Tough call but I think I would go with the following although I am not a huge fan of every album on the list:

1) Sgt. Pepper, The Beatles
2) Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys
3) Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
4) Never Mind the Bollocks, Sex Pistols
5) HIghway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:17, topic:203604"]
Top 5...as in most important and influential. Tough call but I think I would go with the following although I am not a huge fan of every album on the list:

1) Sgt. Pepper, The Beatles
2) Pet Sounds, The Beach Boys
3) Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
4) Never Mind the Bollocks, Sex Pistols
5) HIghway 61 Revisited, Bob Dylan

[/quote]

i don't consider the Beach Boys "rock".. i guess its soft rock..

i would have asked what is the greated hard rock album... but i don't really like HARD hard rock... so didn't want to get into a discussion about AC/DC and that heavy metal ****

i have never heard #4... not even one song therefrom, as far as i know..

haven't heard much Bob Dylan either.. but i like that song about how you have to choose.. or believe in some one..

i would like to hear a whole album by the Eagles.. i like a lot of their songs..

does anyone know anything about the individual members of that band... if any are Christians? just wondering.. cuz some of the lyrics of their songs.. are interesting..

Hotel California is supposed to be about the Church of Satan in San Francisco.. but i would hardly call it an endorsement of same..

i know Ted Nugent (went to a concert of his YEARS ago... very good!) is very conservative..

:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.