What is the mark of the beast?

Depending on when the book of revelation was written, (there is some disagreement on this) it makes a lot o sense that the beast is pagan Rome. But what would the mark of the beast be? If no one could buy or sell without it, is it like a belief system? Were Christians not allowed to buy or sell things in the empire?

Revelation has both a historical sense and an eschatological sense. It’s not just one or the other. As for what the mark of the beast is in either sense, I don’t know.

We don’t know what form it will take.

Ed

And we won’t until it makes its appearance.

Private Revelations says it’s people being forced to get Chipped in the future.

So the mark has not appeared yet? Would that mean the beast is not Rome?

I’ve heard via private revelation that it’ll let melt be something like a microchip implanted under the skin. ( with a reading like a barcode)
mlz

Can people repent and possibly be saved if they accept Christ after taking the mark?

Interesting. This theory is popular with “born agains” who believe they will be raptured up into the sky before some tribulation. Do you mean YOU have had a private revelation? Or are you referencing a vision of a Saint?

God bless!

I’m not sure. Accepting Jesus sounds awfully protestant though. The church has no teaching on this and I believe scripture is silent on the issue. Although it says those who willfully take the mark will be condemned.

It’s from John leary Catholic mystic:

maryrefugeofholylove.com/prophet-john-leary/

Not Protestant or what was mentioned, a Catholic source

You must NEVER EVER take the mark of the beast as you won’t be able to change the direction- you will have lost your opportunity due to your choice— be wary!!
In His love,
mlz

Keep in mind it likely won’t be a literal mark, but yes if it comes up I will be sure not to take it. The beast could be from the past in Rome though. And the mark was worshipping Nero. Anti Catholics say it is the sign of the cross.

OK, you know that 666 is the Number of the Beast, but did you know that:

660 Approximate number of the Beast

DCLXVI Roman numeral of the Beast

666.0000 Number of the High Precision Beast

0.666 Number of the Millibeast*

/666 Beast Common Denominator*

1010011010 Binary of the Beast

Beast1-666 Area code of the Beast

00666 Postcode of the Beast

1-900-666-0666 Live Beasts! One-on-one pacts! Call Now! Only $6.66/minute. Over 18 only please.

$665.95 Retail price of the Beast*

$699.25 Price of the Beast plus sales tax

$769.95 Price of the Beast with all accessories and replacement soul*

$656.66 Target price of the Beast*

Route 666 Way of the Beast

666F Oven temperature for roast Beast

666mg Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of Beast

Netscape 6.66 BetaBrowser of the Beast*

i66686 CPU of the Beast

666I BMW of the Beast*

668 Next-door neighbour of the Beast*

:smiley:

Scary stuff! :slight_smile:

So is Rome not the beast? I know it’s only speculation.

Rome is the beast in the historical sense, but not in the eschatological sense.

May I ask what could the beast be in the eschatological sense? I know that is the future so it’s almost impossible to say, but what could it be in terms of government or belief system?

There is nothing to back this up. In a privately printed book from the late 1970s, which later appeared in ‘real’ bookstores, one of the author’s claims was that the US Government already had Social Security checks printed up and in storage with words printed on them that told the recipient that it could not be cashed without the person having the mark. There is a religion that teaches that their leader is a reincarnation of Jesus. And, not that long ago, the world was told that another Christ was in the world.

These are not the End Times by the way.

Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.