What is the meaning of "Tiber Swim Team"?

I frequently see folks signatures with Tiber Swim Team (07, 08, 09, etc). What does this mean? I’ve only ever seen that in the CAF. Did I miss a pilgrimage to the Tiber River or something?

trob

It refers to one’s crossing the Tiber by either converting to, or coming to be in full communion with, the Catholic Church. :slight_smile:

LOL -

“Swim the Tiber” is lingo for converting to Catholicism. The Tiber is a river in Italy that goes through Rome. The “07, 08, 09” etc. represents the year they completed the Sacraments of Initiation.

Oh how kewl!!! What a neat way to phrase it. So, I guess us cradle Catholics are “Tiber Swim Team Greeters”? :slight_smile: I guess then Peter is the original Tiber River Lifeguard? :smiley:

Thanks for the education!!!

trob

But remember, at all times, MODEST swimsuits:rolleyes:

Nope, here is the REAL Patron Saint in charge…

saints.sqpn.com/sainta69.htm

Patron Saint of Swimming, drowning, and…yachting?:whistle:

Yep, there’s even a thread for that, too! You’re getting the hang of it already! :smiley: :thumbsup:

You wouldn’t believe how long it took to find one last year…

When I first came to CAF I thought to myself, “Oh cool, look at all the people from the same school or college.” Duh!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Like this…?

splas004.secure.omnis.com/store/index.php

Or this…?

swimsuits.lovetoknow.com/Modest_Swimsuits

And especially this?

ahiida.com/index.php?a=results&subcat=65

But the 2nd one had a not-so-modest-ad…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.