What is the message of the Gospel

I feel a little dumb asking this but I sadly don’t have the answer to this.

What is the message of the Gospel?

I guess it was one of repentance and salvation.

Love. God loves us and sent His Son to die for us so that we could get to Heaven and live in eternal love with each other and with Him, which is what we were made for. We were made for love, and that is the message of the Gospel.

That man kind is a fallen race in need of redemption. Christ laid out how were supposed to be in relation to Himself as God and between each other. He then did what we could never do, make a final and eternal sacrifice of God to God to redeem us and give us the ability to be united with Him after death.

See John 3:16 for a reasonable start to answering your question.

Great minds think alike - some are simply quicker than others… :wink:

The Gospel is a promise that “through Jesus, we can share in God’s life, which is eternal”.

We do this by freely accepting God’s grace. How is that achieved? Through his church that he instituted.

Repent, and believe in the Gospel. The kingdom of God is at hand.
Essentially, believe the Good News that God loves us and sent his Son to redeem us. Confess your sins and begin to reform your life. The time to do so is NOW.

This was “five-fingered” off another forum & isn’t for beginners. Hope it helps.

xT6I7YY

The bad news is we’re a fallen and broken people.

The good news (Gospel) is that God so loved the world he sent his only Son to redeem us and show us the way to eternal life and holiness.

I was re-reading “ The Way of the Pilgrim “ - ( 6 hours ! )
And one of the stories - that jumped out at me -

The Pilgrim meets this one guy - and the guy tells his story to him …
He was a soldier - became alcoholic - much trouble - addiction…
Well a monk asking for donations…saw how unhappy he was…
Soldier told him how awful he feels drinking and suffering -

Monk gave him the Gospels book - told him to read a chapter - every time a urge happened.
Soldier tossed book in trunk and forgot about it.
Well, the urge struck a few days later…
He went into his trunk for money - and saw the Gospels. Read a chapter. Then another.
By that time, it was too late to leave for the pub.

Long story short - he’s now 15 years without a drink -
Married. Son. Promoted. Etc.
And reads one of the four gospels - each day.
The Pilgrim was impressed - and could see his undeniable holiness.

Jesus is risen. He has died, He is risen, He will come again. He freed us from sin and opened the gates of heaven that man may return to God.

Check out these two passages:

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him, may not perish; but may have life everlasting. 16 For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world, but that the world may be saved by him. (St. John 3)
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, he gave them power to be made the sons of God, to them that believe in his name. 13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (St. John 1)

God Loves mankind so much that He makes it possible for humanity to become His heirs and inherit Eternal Life with Him.

Maran atha!

Angel

1. There is a God and He cares for us.
  2. We are invited to join a spiritual journey to grow in goodness to come closer to God.
  3. This is more important than many of the things thought of as important in this world.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.