What Is The One Book You'd Recommend To An Educated Smart Prot.?

hEY Friends----what is the ONE book beyond all, you’d recommend to your smart, educated, Pastor or other friends, to share with them your Catholic Faith?

Really Appreciate hearing from all you~~
God’s Blessings!!

It’s big, but throrough…
amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579180086/qid=1118078316/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-6650379-8958530?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

RyanL

You may also want to consider Karl Keatings “Catholicism and Fundamentalism” and for someone where you want to make an emotional appeal, you may want to try Scott Hahn’s “Home Sweet Rome”.

Good luck and God Bless,

CARose

[quote=CARose]You may also want to consider Karl Keatings “Catholicism and Fundamentalism” and for someone where you want to make an emotional appeal, you may want to try Scott Hahn’s “Home Sweet Rome”.

Good luck and God Bless,

CARose
[/quote]

Ditto!!!

Educated and smart? There’s only one: Apologia pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman.

THE FAITH OF MILLIONS by Rev. John O’Brien

This is the best apologetics book I have ever seen.

Cardinal Ratzinger’s The Spirit of the Liturgy.

Cardinal Ratzinger’s Introduction to Christianity.

But be prepared to advise your friend on the means and methods of converting to Catholicism because I can’t imagine anyone remaining separated having read these books.

Mark Shea’s By What Authority: An Evangelical Discovers Catholic Tradition.

Hello All,

There are a lot of good resources out there, but a truly educated (prepared) Protestant will definately be a tough nut to crack. Karl Keating’s books What Catholics Really Believe, Catholicism and Fundamentalism, and Controversies are definitely at the top of the list along with Belloc’s How the Reformation Happened and William Jurgens’ Faith of the Early Fathers Volumes I, II, and III.

The Autobiography of St. Teresa of Jesus; it spurred the conversion of Edith Stein (St. Teresia Benedicta of the Cross), a brilliant Jew. It could do the same for an educated Protestant.

Catholic for a reason

Scott Hahn…with some other co-authors…forgive me I have forgotten their names

Beautifully written and so smart I have to read some lines twice. And I aint no dummy girl.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

Another good book from a 1st person standpoint is Born Fundamentalist Born Again Catholic by David Currie.[/font]

Newman’s “An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine”.

[quote=mercygate]Educated and smart?
[/quote]

I don’t know why that line tickles me so much. Maybe because it’s so incisive.

Educated AND smart? At the same time???

Just goes to show you how wierd my sense of humor (or homour to you Canadians, eh?) can be.

NotWorthy

St. Therese of Lisieux Story of a Soul.

It really expresses the “feel” as well as the teaching of the Catholic faith. The culture as well as our beliefs in Holiness and God.

The Early Church Fathers: Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volumes 1-9

especially Justin Martyr’s First Apology, it is hard to argue against the catholic church when one sees the history of christianity

[quote=jburgherr]Another good book from a 1st person standpoint is [font=Arial]Born Fundamentalist Born Again Catholic by David Currie.[/font]
[/quote]

I second this one.

All are Excellent. I’ve only two to add:

St. Athanasius, "The Divine Dilemma"
Thomas Howard, “Evangelica is not Enough”

Dan L

On a different vein, you may want to blow their mind by showing them how the early Christians celebrated the Mass.

Mike Aquilinas, The Mass of the Early Christians will show what they believed before there was a New Testament.

Great book and easy to read.

NotWorthy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.