What is the status of the Jews?

What I understood was they are our older brothers and sisters in the faith who are still waiting for the Messiah.

Now when Jesus curses the fig tree he is cursing the corrupt Jewish religious hierarchy, but not the Jews themselves.

I see this in scborromeo.org/ccc/p122a4p2.htm (595-597) and christusrex.org/www1/CDHN/church3.html (839), but I am hopeful someone can point me towards a fuller explanation of this.

Thanks!

Hilary

I guess I am not sure what your question is asking, but I’ll take a shot at it; “the status of the Jews” is as it has always been since the Atonement of Christ. St. Paul, himself a Jew, wrote, “I am not ashamed of the Gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek” (Rom. 1:16). At the synagogue in Pisidia,St. Paul preached the Gospel boldly: “Let it be known to you therefore, brethren, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him every one that believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses” (Acts 13:38–39).:slight_smile:

Thanks Irish_Polock.

I found this link. It appears to be more what I am after.

christendom-awake.org/pages/drogin/jews&church.htm

Hilary

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.