What is the Will of the Father?

Matt 7:21-23
""
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, 10 but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?'
Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. 11 Depart from me, you evildoers.’ "

For our non-Catholic Christian Brothers and Sisters, what is the Will of the Father?

The will of God is mercy and loving kindness…

“To love the Lord your God with all your heart…and love your neighbor as yourself”

Simple:

John 6:40: For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Need we say more :shrug: What’s your point??

The will of His Father is to love, faith, and Charity. So this saying isn`t just for non-Catholics also for non-Christians. :slight_smile:

To do the Will of the Father is to believe everything Jesus taught.

as we know He thaught many things. He said to the Apostles, go and teach others all that i thaught you.

He found a Church to teach all peoples. if we are not obedient to the Church we are not doing the Will of the Father.

:highprayer: :byzsoc:

true to some degree. But remember there are muslims and jews that love their neighbors, that give money to the poor, that devout themselvs to God. The will of Father is something more beutiful then we think. We cant say to anybody you arent doing the will of the Father because you`re not Catholic/Christian, there is just more to it.

If you disagree I want to ask you something and I hope you can answer to me directly.

Is anybody that is not Catholic notr Christian going to hell? hence: those that don`t do the will of His Father will not enter paradise.

i can’t tell you who is and who is not going to hell. but i will say this what can be greater than obey the Son of God and everything He taught.

if that is all we need, than i dont see why Jesus had to come and suffered, if we can rely on our own goodness.
unless the purpose of Jesus death is only beneficial to those who are bad. i dont know, you tell me.

:highprayer: :crossrc:

What can be greater then obey the Son of God and everything he taught? Nothing.:slight_smile:

I dont think thats all we need, but I do believe God works in mysterious ways, so were basically in the same page here if youre Catholic.

This is a good question. It has been asked for the last 4,000 years.
It can by sum up to this:“To love God above all things and to love your neighbor as yourself”.

I think that some people, like the Sadducees of Jesus’s time, do not believe in any resurrection. Would that question apply to them too?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.