What is this symbol?

Not sure if I even have this in the right post, but I have just a general question. What is the symbol on the book?

amazon.com/06-Didache-Martyrdom-Fragments-Diognetus/dp/0809102471/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-7944173-4852612?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182905996&sr=8-2

If anyone could help me out I’d appreciate it.

Respectfully,
Mark

The pictures are just a cross on top of another cross in a circle - the circle being a symbol of eternity.

The letters are an abbreviation of a few Greek words - IC standing for Jesus, XC standing for Christ, and NIKA - the Greek word for victory, so it’s saying something to the effect of ‘Christ is victorious’

I appreciate it LilyM. :slight_smile:

Very good LilyM! More here. And here (scroll down).

Ah, didn’t hang around here for a year and almost a half without picking up some knowledge along the way. :nerd:

Those prosphora stamps are real works of art - seems almost a shame that the bread is destined to be eaten!

Well it is for communion after all. :thumbsup: Nice to see that kind of trouble still taken, though, in today’s rushing-headlong-world. I love to see traditions upheld!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.