What is you favorite decade of the Rosary?

What is you favorite decade of the Rosary? Mine is probably the Crowning With Thorns, because I like to meditate on how much Christ has done for us.

4 Likes

My favorite mysteries are the Glorious Mysteries. My favorite decade is the Resurrection.

2 Likes

Very hard to decide,so I would say all but I am still becoming used to the Luminous mysteries.

1 Like

The Assumption into Heaven of Mary. I love the Glorious Mysteries, and this one brings back a memory of
my Grandmother who always had a Rosary in her pockets, coats. Mom and her sisters prayed the Rosary as she was dying, and at the Assumption, she passed away peacefully.

2 Likes

My favorite mysteries are the Sorrowful ones, specially the Crucifixion of Our Lord.

3 Likes

It’s funny - at that decade - I look at people, ( if anyone is in front of me, )
and imagine a crown of thorns - upon their head.
I think of how we all must suffer something -
but certain, prideful people, you can see -
how out of place a crown, like that, would be - on them !
The true crown. Let us not be ashamed of any suffering -
its always for our benefit !

2 Likes

I always liked the Crowning of Mary Queen of Heaven, and the Ascension, because I just like to picture both of those events.

I used to also like the Wedding Feast at Cana because I pictured Jesus and Mary having a good time at the party. But my husband died a little while ago so now that decade is very difficult.

The Sorrowful mysteries are so sad, it is hard for me to think about them, but I make myself do it.

2 Likes

My favourite is the Annunciation. It embodies both “joyful” and “mystery” perfectly I think, and teaches us about accepting God’s plan for us and conforming our will to His.

3 Likes

I LOVE the Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary as Queen of Heaven & Earth! I imagine what it might have looked like.

4 Likes

Glorious mystery. crowning of the Blessed Virgin Mary

2 Likes

“Finding in the Temple” is my favorite mystery. I will often pray that mystery over and over and over.

4 Likes

The Luminous Mysteries are hands down my favorite. I like meditating on what Jesus did during his ministry on earth.

2 Likes

Probably the Crucifixion.

I also think the Institution of the Eucharist is lovely too.

1 Like

This is a tough one for me. I think that I would have to have one for each mystery.
Joyful- Annunciation
Luminous- Institution of the Eucharist
Sorrowful- Crowning with Thorns
Glorious- Resurrection

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.