What is your 'entrance' during Lent?

How does your parish do the ‘entrance’ during Lent?

Our parish has a Cantor-led, with the congregation singing a response, fairly solemn.

At a nearby Cathedral, two precede the servers and priest, with solemn hand bells. It’s so beautiful.

Respectful silence. No hymn or singing. It is very solemn and I like it.

No different from any other time but they do try to use a Lenten hymn.

Although it’s not a hard rule, we’ve had the choir chant the antiphons in Latin without any musical accompaniment several times. I quite like this. It beautiful, solemn, but also somewhat penitential.

We sing Draw Near O Lord without instruments.

My parish has two churches. One does a solemn hymn without instrumentals, the other does the processional hymn same as in ordinary time.

A handbell ringing, slowly and long, the F above middle C I believe.

This, at my parish also.

Those sound so beautiful!

At the parish I normally go to these days, I haven’t noticed any difference from Ordinary Time.

There is no special entrance during Lent .

It is up to each priest to decide , which is how it should be .

There is no entrance like a procession. The priest simply walks out of the sacristy near the altar behind the 2 altar boys. That’s it.

The entrance antiphon is chanted.

Ours is in silence, with the cross & 2 candle bearers plus a lector carrying the book of Gospels then our pastoral administrator (a sister) then the priest. They make a bow together then make their ways to their seats then the priest will make his way to his seat to start Mass.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.