What is your favorite Bible verse(s)?

Hello all!
I’m new to practicing my faith,(in my adult life), and I was wondering what your favorite verse, or verses, are…

Anyone have any?
Could be about any subject!

I have many but one of my very favorites is John 11, 25-26,
"Jesus said to her, "I am the Resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even tho he dies; and whoever lives and believes in ME will never die. God Bless, Memaw

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Slightly off topic but your question reminds me of a christian comedian Tim Hawkins (he isn’t catholic) but one of his sketches is about his favourite bible verse. Its hilarious, if you get chance look it up! :slight_smile:

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NRSVCE)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast.

2 Co 5:1-8

Mark 9:24 “I do believe, help my unbelief!”

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. - Phil 4:8

The video of the comedian’s favorite Bible verse is hilarious. I just watched it. :smiley:

I am not well-versed enough in the Bible to say this is my absolute favorite, but it is one I hold close to my heart because I believe God was answering me when I read this verse:

“Do not be afraid; for you will not be ashamed; do not be discouraged, for you will not suffer disgrace; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and the disgrace of your widowhood you will remember no more. For you Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called. For the Lord has called you like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, like a wife of a man’s youth when she is cast off, says your God. For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing wrath a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer.” – Isaiah 54:4-8

I have a few but one of my all time favorites is: “It is GOD’S WILL that ALL be saved”.

Sad to say, many, many people think/believe and some even seem to hope that God can not bring God’s Will to Fruition.

It seems to me to be a very simple verse and quite direct and to the point, sad how so many seem to have so many ways of explaining how it doesn’t mean what it so simply seems to mean and what it so simply means to me.

I don’t have to know all of the details of how God’s Will will come to Fruition but I can so simply pray and root for it as God-Incarnate taught us, “Thy Will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.

Romans 7:15
“What I do, I do not understand. For I do not do what I want, but I do what I hate”

Mark 2:17
"Jesus heard this and said to them [that], “Those who are well do not need a physician,* but the sick do. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”

The first sums up my addiction to drugs while I was in active addiction. The second gave me hope and when I read it, I knew that God loved me and I no longer needed to use and abuse drugs.

Like others I have many, but the one that I recite the most is Psalm 23:1-3,** ‘The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.’**

:thumbsup:

In the profile section on this site one of the questions is yours. If you find someone on CAF that you like you can click on his or her username and then “user profile”. From there you’ll see that person’s favorite verse (assuming he or she filled it in).

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. (1 Cor 1:27)

I also like:

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it, (1 Cor 10:13)

Matthew 28:20: …and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.

Also, the entire first chapter of the Gospel According to St. John. I won’t post the whole thing, just a link. It’s always inspirational for me. :slight_smile:

biblehub.com/kjv/john/1.htm

This is mine, from today’s Gospel:

and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
(KJV)

I always feel such love and peace when I hear/read that. It is so comforting.:heaven:

I have favorites for specific situations or circumstances, as I suspect most people do. They are applicable to my personal situation, or perhaps for family and friends, or what might be going on in our world. For example, when there is a time of great distress and the brokenness of the world in which we live seems so paramount, I think of The Gospel According to John 11:35. “Jesus wept.”

I think He, too, knew, and as our Living Lord knows, the pain and separation that death brings. At a particular grievous time in my life, my weeping seemed all the more, for the lack of a better term, authentic as I thought of Him at my side grieving with me.

"Pray, then, in this way:
‘Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
‘Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
‘Give us this day our daily bread.
‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Mathew 6:9-13.

This says it all.

John 15:9 "Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; remain in my love.

and

John 15:13 “No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends”

I have this mental image of Jesus Christ crucified for me, out of love for me :slight_smile: this keeps me alive :slight_smile:

1 Corinthians 2:2 “For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.