What is your favorite book on the life of Christ?

I have “Jesus and His Times” by Daniel-Rops, and am currently reading “The Life of Christ” by Giuseppe Ricciotti. These are older books, written more than 50 years ago, but they are full of details which
help to explain the Gospels. It seems that modern works on the life of Jesus are intent on deconstructing the Gospels and making Jesus out to be something He is not.

Life of Christ - Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.

I have read the Popes book, which is vary good, but for me was a hard read. Archbishop Sheen just had the gift of communication that made hard subjects more understandable.

I read most of Pope Benedict’s book a while ago. It was a somewhat difficult read, but a lot easier than anything by John Paul II. Right now I’m reading this book called The Man Christ Jesus by Giacomo Cardinal Biffi. It’s short, easy to read, and very good.

Jesus of Nazareth, by Pope Benedict XVI, is by far the best book that I have read on the life of Christ. On the Way to Jesus Christ and the God of Jesus Christ are also excellent books, both by the Holy Father.

Death on a Friday Afternoon, by Fr. Richard John Neuhaus, is one of the best books on the last seven words of Jesus.

I second that! :thumbsup:

The Holy Bible lol. Just kidding. I would have to say “Jesus of Nazareth” by His Holiness the Pope Benedict XVI.

The Holy Gospels. There is no need to read anything else to learn about the life of our glorious Savior.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.