What Is Your Favorite Mass?

And their sacraments invalid.

Is it really necessary to refer to the Extraordinary Form as “Roman Rite According to the 1962 Missal” and the Ordinary Form as just the Ordinary Form? For the sake of not being inflammatory, you should have referred to it as “Roman Rite According to the 2002 Roman Missal.”

Yes, we know your preference for the EF and your dislike for the OF, but is it really necessary to sow division and disharmony?

Thank you. :slight_smile: That’s quite interesting.

I’m sorry. Mea culpa. Maybe I should have referred to it as “The Roman Rite According to the 2011 Missal,” and called the other “The Extraordinary Form” instead of “The Roman Rite According to the 1962 Missal.” Would that have been better? :shrug:

The reason I didn’t call it the “Traditional Latin Mass” is because the Carmelite, Carthusian, etc. are traditional Latin Masses. I called it “The Roman Rite According to the 1962 Missal” to clarify what I meant.

I prefer the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrystostom, but of the choices in the Roman Rite, I like a beautifully and faithfully celebrated Ordinary Form Mass, with smells and bells, chant, ad orientam, and Latin. (Yes, I have actually attended such a Mass. )

Don’t let yourself be troubled by anything this old hippie says. I hope the Mass is always proper, solemn, and beautiful where you are! :slight_smile:

Aw, I don’t believe that for a second! :smiley: Leaving out my other post, I feel that as long as the Mass is valid, it is proper. And hey, everyone has different tastes, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! :slight_smile:

My favorite Mass is the valid and licit one.:thumbsup: As far as the actual rite of the Mass I like the EF over the OF however I go to the OF more frequently due to conflicting schedule. I would love to attend some of the eastern rites if I had the opportunity.

I like the OF celebrated in Gregorian chant with the 1974 Graduale Romanum.

That’s the Mass I normally attend every Sunday.

Certainly not the extraordinary form.

LOL! I agree actually. At least he didn’t use “novus ordo” and “tlm.”:rolleyes:

“EF Mass” or “Extraordinary Form” would have worked just fine. “Traditional Latin Mass” is not an official moniker. “Extraordinary Form” is.

What - no selection for the Clown Mass :smiley:

Had all the “clowns” I could stand when I was a Protestant! If we are gonna have a Clown Mass why don’t we just show videos of old children’s TV shows. HOW ’ BOUT THAT, BOYS AND GIRLS! (We’ll have a Popeye cartoon in a minute!:D)

May I just say that those access to a reverent O.F, consider yourself blessed. Now, I am not saying the Mass near me is not reverent…or invalid. The Priest is faithful and follows the Missal very faithfully…

But I would give my left leg for a “reverent” O.F…I like the E.F but I was raised in O.F and I know it well. I would give anything for a Mass like this in my area. Or a O.F in Latin, I can follow that better E.F youtube.com/watch?v=_8qAKHSGS1o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.