What is your favorite part of liturgy?

Which aspects of the liturgy are your favorites? Why?

Personally if I had to pick I am into the homilies because it is basically a priest giving out life tips -for free(but that's not the point ) they are not just life tips but Life Tips.

Peace through Him
Good day/night.

Receiving Jesus.

Can't find adequate words to explain why. Maybe it's just knowing that there's nothing better while we're still here on earth.

[quote="RCIAGraduate, post:1, topic:330719"]
Which aspects of the liturgy are your favorites? Why?

Personally if I had to pick I am into the homilies because it is basically a priest giving out life tips -for free(but that's not the point ) they are not just life tips but Life Tips.

Peace through Him
Good day/night.

[/quote]

The anaphora...particularly the epiclesis and the oblation.

Why? Because heaven joins earth during those times and we have the opportunity to participate in the heavenly, eternal sacrifice. (Note: this is not to say that we sacrifice or offer Christ as if we are priests, but, through our prayers, we can, in a way, join our prayers and offerings to make an oblation with a sweet savor that is acceptable to the Lord).

[quote="markomalley, post:3, topic:330719"]
The anaphora...particularly the epiclesis and the oblation.

Why? Because heaven joins earth during those times and we have the opportunity to participate in the heavenly, eternal sacrifice. (Note: this is not to say that we sacrifice or offer Christ as if we are priests, but, through our prayers, we can, in a way, join our prayers and offerings to make an oblation with a sweet savor that is acceptable to the Lord).

[/quote]

The anaphora for me also.

While I enjoy the entire liturgy I suppose my favorite would the the responsorial Psalms after the 2nd reading. Love that OT wisdom.

I like the very grave moment when we say the “Sanctus” with all heaven, although the gravity is not empathized in my home parish. I like the profound bow/kneeling at the mention of the incarnation of Christ in the creeds.

I love the singing of The Gloria!! And the psalms responsorials.

I love the confiteor ( even the new translation). I can literally feel my heart open up to receive Gods teachings in the rest of the Mass.

[quote="PrayPsalm51, post:8, topic:330719"]
I love the confiteor ( even the new translation). I can literally feel my heart open up to receive Gods teachings in the rest of the Mass.

[/quote]

Attending!:)

The Eucharistic Pray especially when the priest uses the Roman Canon (Eucharistic Pray)

:thumbsup:

I like the Consecration and then Reception of the Eucharist.

The Penitential Rite.

Other than receiving the Eucharist? I love that our new pastor actually has us recite the Confiteor instead of using just, “Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. Lord have mercy,” because I feel that I recall my venial sins better and actually have contrition for them. Also, after I learned about its history, I love to sing the Gloria. When I get to cantor, my favorite part is presenting the Psalm. I don’t know how to explain it, but it feels like I’m getting to pray over everyone and for everyone as I sing it. I actually wondered if priests feel like this during Mass…

The great Amen :thumbsup:

=RCIAGraduate;10903450]Which aspects of the liturgy are your favorites? Why?

Peace through Him
Good day/night.

The Most Holy Eucharist: Jesus Christ in person; himself:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.