What is your favorite quote from a Saint or any one?

I love hearing or reading quotes from saints. Just thought we share with one another.
Either if its Your favorite quote or any quote from anyone. I think they are useful to pass on.
My Example

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
— St. Thomas Aquinas

I die the king’s good servant, and God’s first.

— St Thomas More

“If angels could be jealous of humans for one moment, that moment would be Holy Communion”
-St. Maximilian Kolbe

Pius XI was not unaware of the fact that in the forty years that had supervened since the publication of the Leonine encyclical the historical scene had altered considerably. It was clear, for example, that unregulated competition had succumbed to its own inherent tendencies to the point of practically destroying itself. It had given rise to a great accumulation of wealth, and, in the process, concentrated a despotic economic power in the hands of a few "who for the most part are not the owners, but only the trustees and directors of invested funds, which they administer at their own good pleasure.’’

Hence, as the Pope remarked so discerningly, "economic domination has taken the place of the open market. Unbridled ambition for domination has succeeded the desire for gain; the whole economic regime has become hard, cruel and relentless in frightful measure.’’ As a consequence, even the public authority was becoming the tool of plutocracy, which was thus gaining a stranglehold on the entire world.

The Remedy

Pius XI saw the re-establishment of the economic world within the framework of the moral order and the subordination of individual and group interests to the interest of the common good as the principal remedies for these evils. This, he taught, necessitated an orderly reconstruction of society, with the establishment of economic and vocational bodies which would be autonomous and independent of the State. Public authority should resume its duty of promoting the common good of all. Finally, there should be co-operation on a world scale for the economic welfare of all nations.

Thus Pius XI’s teaching in this encyclical can be summed up under two heads. First he taught what the supreme criterion in economic matters ought not to be. It must not be the special interests of individuals or groups, nor unregulated competition, economic despotism, national prestige or imperialism, nor any other aim of this sort.

On the contrary, all forms of economic enterprise must be governed by the principles of social justice and charity.

The second point which We consider basic in the encyclical is his teaching that man’s aim must be to achieve in social justice a national and international juridical order, with its network of public and private institutions, in which all economic activity can be conducted not merely for private gain but also in the interests of the common good.

I used to have a whole notebook of “favorite quotes” but the ones I most think of from saints are:

Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry” - St. Padre Pio

No matter who says what, accept it with a smile and do your work.” - St. Mother Theresa

Among non-saints, I like,

For all that has been - Thanks. To all that shall be - Yes.” - Dag Hammarskjold

and the prayer of Fr. Mychal Judge,

Lord, take me where you want me to go,
Let me meet who you want me to meet,
Tell me what you want me to say,
And keep me out of your way.

Those are all beautiful quotes. After today ib probably won’t have a favorite quote because I’ll love them all. Lol

“Let it be done unto me according to thy word”
-Blessed Virgin Mary

I have two:
“Sometimes the only way the Lord can get into some hearts, is to break them.” - Fulton J. Sheen
"All hearts are restless, until they rest in God." - St. Augustine

And one that I live by: “And if ever you come to a place that does not receive you, shake the dust from your sandals as you leave. I assure you, Sodom and Gomorrah will fare better than that place on the day of judgment.” - Guess Who.

“Have no confidence in the belief that what is placed outside your soul is your possession.”
— From the Paradise of the Holy Fathers

Not a Saint (yet?), but there was a Life is Worth Living on EWTN a few weeks back in which Bishop Sheen closed the show out with this quote (I’m paraphrasing a bit here): “Even if He’s wrong, which He’s not, but even if He’s wrong, I’d rather be wrong with Christ than right with the world!”

I forget what the exact topic of the episode was, but obviously the quote applies to the times we’re living in, and delivered in Sheen’s authoritative manner (he was actually shouting), it was like “BOOM!” I thought it was terrific!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.” – Julian of Norwich

This one really made me smile Clare :slight_smile:

John 3:16 was said by Jesus Christ Himself:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.