What Is Your Favorite Scripture Passage?

Friends,

What is your favorite passage from the Bible? :angel1:

Here’s mine:

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,

‘See, the home of God is among mortals.
He will dwell with them;
they will be his peoples,
and God himself will be with them;
he will wipe every tear from their eyes.
Death will be no more;
mourning and crying and pain will be no more,
for the first things have passed away.’

And the one who was seated on the throne said, ‘See, I am making all things new.’ Also he said, ‘Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ Then he said to me, ‘It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. Those who conquer will inherit these things, and I will be their God and they will be my children. Revelation 21:1-7

Probably have to say Mark 12:29-31 or Psalm 23.

Mark 12:29-31
29 Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; 30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

or

Psalm 23
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.[a]
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[c]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely[d] goodness and mercy[e] shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell[f] in the house of the Lord
forever.[g]***

Thanksgiving. (2 Corinthians 1:3-7)
b Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and God of all encouragement,
who encourages us in our every affliction, so that we may be able to encourage those who are in any affliction with the encouragement with which we ourselves are encouraged by God.
For as Christ’s sufferings overflow to us, so through Christ does our encouragement also overflow.
If we are afflicted, it is for your encouragement and salvation; if we are encouraged, it is for your encouragement, which enables you to endure the same sufferings that we suffer.
Our hope for you is firm, for we know that as you share in the sufferings, you also share in the encouragement.*

“Because you were acceptable to God, it was necessary that testing should prove you.”

• The Archangel Raphael to Tobit and Tobias, **Tobias 12:13 (**Vulgate/Knox/D-R)

“In this world you will have tribulation, but take heart, for I have overcome this world.”

• Our Lord in John 16:33

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

Luke 22:19-20

'This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.
This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.

“I love them that love me: and they that in the morning early watch for me, shall find me.” (Prov 8:17, vulg.)

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.

Jeremiah 29:11 means a lot to me. It is one I often find coming into my mind.

1 Cor. 12: 4 -31

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;

there are different forms of service but the same Lord;

there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone.

To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.

To one is given through the Spirit the expression of wisdom; to another the expression of knowledge according to the same Spirit;

to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit;

to another mighty deeds; to another prophecy; to another discernment of spirits; to another varieties of tongues; to another interpretation of tongues.

But one and the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing them individually to each person as he wishes.

As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.

For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit;

Now the body is not a single part, but many.

If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.

If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?

But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.

If they were all one part, where would the body be?

But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.”

Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,

and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,
whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it,

so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.

If [one] part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy

Now you are Christ’s body, and individually parts of it.

Some people God has designated in the church to be, first, apostles; second, prophets; third, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.

Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work mighty deeds?

Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?

Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts.

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thess 5:18

There are so many.

The Samaritan woman at the well in John 4, I just love that whole discourse and always get goosebumps when Our Lord says ‘‘I who you are speaking with am he’’. It’s amazing how it was the fate of this ordinary woman to have an encounter with the Divine, one-on-one.

My guilty secret about the next two verses is that I prefer the KJV translations and usually have those ones in my mind

**Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I love the entire Sermon on the Mount and often just listen to it on YouTube while I’m at work or to make a moment of procrastination into something spiritually profitable at home. I’m sometimes almost moved to tears by it. But this particular verse helps me to benefit from Christ’s peace just by reminding me to live in the moment and to trust God.

Philippians 4:8

• Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.*

Just a reminder to dwell, albeit from time to time and never in a state of complacency, on the abundant good that is in the world (the source of all of which is divine) even when we feel our minds assailed by thoughts of evil.

**Galatians 2: 20 **
And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh, I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.

**1 Corinthians 13: 2 ** And if I should have prophecy, and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge: and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13. Hands Down. This chapter is often defined too narrowly I think. I believe that it clarifies what kind of love we as Christians are supposed to have for every other person on Earth: a love without exception or limits.

Isaiah Chapter 12 is good, too.

Hebrews 11:6, which says “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him”. John 3:16 is another one I really like. It’s a perfect summary of the Gospel.

John 8:43 Why do you not understand what I say? Because you cannot bear to listen to my words.

“Remember me when you come into your kingdom.” St. Dismas

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.