What is Your Favorite Spiritual / Catholic Movie?

Top 3 if you cannot choose just one. It can be anything really, such as a movie or some series or whatever, documentary, as long as it’s in video form, anything really.

The Passion (Mel Gibson). I watch it numerous times every Lent

I Confess, The 10 Commandments, and Risen.

I want more religious movies to be like Risen!

I am pretty sure if my old Latin teacher, Sister Mary S., was alive, she would be telling us to watch Risen. Anything with a realistic depiction of Rome, she told us we should watch. Masada and I, Claudius miniseries for example. She would have loved Risen.

Lord of the Rings

The Passion, A Man for All Seasons and Song of Bernadette.

I think my favorite so far really has been Fr. Barron’s “Catholicism” series.

A Man For All Seasons & The Song Of Bernadette.

“The Passion of the Christ”. I BAWLED the first time I saw it with co-workers and I cried again when I saw it with family members. It just brings the TRUE reality of what Jesus suffered because of me and my sins. And believe it or not the graphic nature of the film was tame to what really happened. I can’t even imagine all that He endured.

I will have to watch Risen and I Confess.

I haven’t yet decided on my other two video productions. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I do really think that The Gospel of John which came out at the same time as The Passion was very much underappreciated.)

Judah Ben Hur
The Passion
Ten Commandments

For Greater Glory

I Confess is a great movie just from a pure movie making standpoint. It’s a bit weird to watch Monty Clift play a heroic priest given that his real-life personal life was such a mess, but he is a good actor.

I need to watch For Greater Glory. I keep putting it off as I am not anxious to see all the scenes of priests being executed.

Open City is another movie that from a movie-making standpoint is good, but is very difficult to watch.

it is not that gory, but an amazing movie nonetheless

Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta, which is a 7 hour long movie on the Bhagavad Gita. I’m not a hindu, but I think the Gita has some brilliant teachings.

A Man for All Seasons
The Passion of the Christ
Risen

Happy Birthday, Brent!!

The Gospel of John and Risen

I’m glad someone else likes The Gospel of John.

For those who have not seen it, the movie contains word for word, the whole book of the Gospel of John. It’s very well done, and I do like the actor chosen to play the part of Jesus. He looks like Jesus might have looked to my imagination, and his manner is very realistic, seems to me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.